New use for tax disc holder

The place to discuss everything else..
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Good idea; pdf attached. (link below pic) http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/115 ... Update.pdf
Gel2014-10-17 18:51:07
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Very good idea - I'm kind of wishing now that I hadn't binned mine!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Speaking to a dealer he said already he has had 3 occasions now where criminals have made fake number platesA thief steals a car and has fake number plates made of cars he claims like demonstrators or lease cars that will normaly always be taxedBefore the tax disc went the only hope was a traffic warden spotting the cars tax disc didnt match up with the plate now this back up check has goneAnd the bad news according to the dealer is its down to registered keeper to prove the car in the speeding/parking ticket is NOT your car, its no longer a easy sign a disclaimer formYes the VIN is easily readable but that only applies to a policeman walking past checking (when was last time anyone see a policeman either walking or checking)So you can steal a car pay £10 for a set of plates on Ebay and unless your involved in a crash etc chances are your going to get away with it for a fair bit as everything relys on number plate recognition nowadays and as long as the number plates are taxed and insured elsewhere chances of getting stopped now slimIt was just a paper disc but it was a way of cross checking the car identity
Proac

Post by Proac »

Another case of a bureaucrat sitting down at his desk thinking how can I make a huge cock up and get paid loads of cash for it then get paid again for putting it right
Bronze Acenta Premium
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I can understand now why people scratch number plates out on pics in forumNot scaremongering but it does make you thinkI not been stopped by police in years now, even had 2 speeding tickets both dealt by post so a thief could quite easily keep a car for a year or so this wayThe dealer states its your responsibility now to prove the car in question is not your car and unless you have a towbar or a significant sticker you can prove is on your car most cars especialy new ones look similarI now get my number plates for my caravan and trailer from Ebay as you click n they come where to go to the garage even one that supplied the car you need proof of ID proof of ownership etc yet most markets have a guy who make you a set of plates any style there and then for 1/2 the dealers price