navgation maps - update?

The place to discuss everything else..
andy_dk

Post by andy_dk »

I just got my car yesterday...!! So far so good.. I like it. Where / how can I update the Navigation maps?Where can I find the english manual online?Help will be appreciated Andy
Lets live now

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

Hi :)There's no update for the maps as yet (still 2013) and it's a change of SD card to update them which (according to Nissan) will be chargeable.As for the manual, there's an online copy of the US Nissan Rogue which is very similar, more like the new X-Trail.http://www.e-bookspdf.org/view/aHR0cDov ... NhbiBVc2E=
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Navigation updates can be checked and bought here http://www.navigation.com/homepage/niss ... nENThere's none for current production Qashqai or Juke as far as I can see, although the previous Juke version does have an update available for £159Not sure which version this would be or how to check versions. I guess that the Connect system has system information somewhere.
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

I used to have a Hyundai iX35 and the new satnav map updates were obtained the same way via the Navteq website. The update costs were about the same. Hyundai owners lobbied the company via Facebook, Twitter, etc regarding the excessive costs. Hyundai relented and did an offer whereby you made a one-off payment of £89 and then got 5 years of map updates that were installed by the dealer for no additional cost. I thought this wasn't a bad result. I wonder if we all tried a similar thing with Nissan, we may get a result?
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Andy, if you go the your dealer who supplied the car and ask them for the manual in English they should oblige. I made it a condition of the sale that they would supply a manual in English. After waiting almost 6 weeks they produced a bound photocopied manual for me, so they can get it from somewhere. I have to keep it under the boards with the spare wheel it is that big.
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Operator's manuals have a part number, just like any other part, so can be ordered through the parts system.