Front Parking Sensor

The place to discuss everything else..
conno

Post by conno »

Over the past few weeks i have had a problem with the front sensor going off in my 1.2 Tekna when raining, i have had the car since june and never had any problem with them even when driving through torrential downpour!! I took my car to the dealer and told them the problem i have had and mentioned that others on QQ forum's had had the same and they are getting new sensors fitted that had more water resistance , i was told basically that was a load of bollocks and there is no new sensors and mine have just started to go off after 5 months because its the way the rain bounces back off the road making them go off ! Unbelievable .

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Tell them to read the Technical Bulletins issued to them! This from another thread: There was a technical bulletin from Nissan issued, which exactly address this fault: "TB EL 14/07 - Release Date: 21 JUL 2014 - Front Sonar False Detection". (THIS IS FOR FRONT SENSORS ONLY BUT MAY BE LINKED!)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
conno

Post by conno »

Yeah cheers i will do hopefully i might get a better response from them other than if its bothering you turn them off !!
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

This is one of my big frustrations. Dealers who don't care. Coupled with Nissans approach to the CVT issue on the QQ and 1.2 engine issues with the new Juke and I do wonder if they want customers or not. I know it is said that once they sell you a car they just want to move on and sell the next one but surely someone at Nissan understands that we will all replace our cars at some point. We are not just a sale this year but in future years and if we all get fed up and go elsewhere it will impact future sales.So Nissan, sort out the poor dealerships (and there are plenty of them) and take care of your customers. In return we will keep buying your cars. Simples!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Quite right; some companies now have the role of "Customer Delight Manager".Not Nissan though!And Customer Service Dept., is not them but a telemarketing agency anyway, so theiraccess to info/ ability to take decisions will be very limited
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
sunnydelightimy

Post by sunnydelightimy »

mine does exactly the same and weirdly enough when i am applying brake in traffic or moving off in 1st gear....yet the car in front is noway near me.so do i take this back to dealership....feel i recently seem to see the chaps at the dealership more than my wife.
Regards

Imy
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Same here - had the car since July, and just recently getting the false beep, especially when sat some distance behind another car in traffic, and not only when raining either. But tis a minor inconvenience...
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Oldjdub

Post by Oldjdub »

Mine went in today for the same problem. Service Manager said it was a well known problem, easily fixed with a software upgrade. Too early to know if the problem is sorted as it was an intermittent fault on my car. They also had a software upgrade for the radio. Something to do with the system not picking up Dab stations.