SUV Market Research

The place to discuss everything else..
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Did anyone else get contacted last week to take part in some SUV market research over this weekend? Anyway, long story short, went up to Maidnhead yesterday (complete with the Squealie Bealies - well it is the weekend!), blokey there tells me that the kids can't come in as it's a concept car event so gives them £30 to go over the road bowling for a couple of hours (they're 13 & 15 so old enough to cope with that!), I on the other had go through (after locking away my phone, keys and wallet) into a secure area complete with airport type scanners in order to evaluate 5 SUV's (QQ, Mazda, Kia, VW Tiguan and a new concept car, of which I won't go into details about on here). THEy asked for my opinions and perceptions on their appearances, comfort, fit, form and function, both inside and out and all that sort of stuff and for the troubles of my labours I pocketed £100. All in all a good day for my kids, I gave them half each of the £100 fee + they got £30 to split from the research company to go bowling, oh yeah, and I ended up getting mugged for dinner on the way home Back to work now to earn some money!
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)

supergrover

Post by supergrover »

To be honest, if I'd been contacted over something like that, I'd instantly presume it was a scam of some sort and wouldn't touch it with the proverbial bargepole. Lucky for the folks arranging it that there are some people out there not as cynical as me! Glad it worked out for you.
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

I used to work in the Automotive design industry so am fully aware of these 'focus groups' existing. Easy enough to check the valididty of the market research company out on Google
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

We used to get offered a lot of these events on the "Yeti" forum on briskoda all the time.They were nearly always in London or the S.E. so very few people could/would attend. Of those few that did pop along they were always genuine and usually took a couple of hours.So yesy i've been offered something similar and no i've never gone :)
Nissan no more...
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

So, how did the Qasgqai evaluate in comparison to the others?
paulashane
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by paulashane »

I'd love to be part of it, a friend of mine organizes market research for different companies, which sounds really interesting. He has worked on Pareto and is very happy with it.