AVOID DUMPTON PARK NISSAN

The place to discuss everything else..
deks36

Post by deks36 »

I just want to warn members in the East Kent area to avoid this dealer. I had my Nissan in their in October for its 2nd year Major service. Had issues from the day I dropped it off, they didnt carry out the warranty repairs and they failed to drop the car back as promised also I made a wasted trip by train to collect the car as it wasnt repaired after telling me it was.It gets better though as it was in for a major service the checksheetfound in the car indicates a minor service performed. When I called to question this they denied it and said a major service was doneNissan GB were not interested then last weekend I received another checksheet through the post with the major service parts ticked but here is the issues first ive noted they have incorrectly recorded the mileage on my car and did so last year(hadnt previously spotted that one) my car to date has covered 9550 miles Nissan dealer has it recorded at 35760 and the tick sheet has been filled in by a different person but using the name of the original technician To date neither Nissan or the dealer have responded to my letters calls or emails.currently we have a car we cannot sell as service history doesnt match the car we have

MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

There is nothing more galling than a garage taking the piss and not doing what they are paid for. It is rare to find a garage where the mechanics treat the customer cars like their own. The only dealer I never had problems with for warranty repairs or arrogantly assuming "we are doing you a favour mate" was Hyundai.My Nissan dealer fitted a set of autofolding mirrors for me and they don't work right. The are now claiming Nissan supplied a faulty part and Nissan are claiming ineptitude on the part of the garage. The tech at the dealer insists he is doing it according to Nissan's instructions and that either the instructions are wrong or the part is faulty. In the meantime I have clarified I want a refund for the part and labour to fit it unless it is resolved because it is actually dangerous. Regardless of where the finger of blame lies I still have my consumer rights. This experience is actually giving me doubts that I will ever buy a Nissan again. I know it sounds like hyperbole but once a manufacturer digs their heels in when they are in the wrong that's me and them done.To my dealers credit they are being very good about this and I have no complaints about the service department. The salesman who sold me the car is a complete tool though. My advice would be to go on other motoring forums and create accounts. VW/Audi/Ford etc and warn them if they are contemplating a Nissan to avoid Dumpton Park Nissan in East Kent. All you need to do is prevent one person buying a car from them and your job is done.Keep up the good fight.

MJCQQ2014-11-12 11:53:07
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

I'd be taking that evidence straight to Trading Standards and letting the dealership know this too, possibly even taking them to a small claims court to recover any additional expense for a service not received - totally unacceptable in my view.
rm0rgan2014-11-12 09:30:37
deks36

Post by deks36 »

[quote="rm0rgan"]I'd be taking that evidence straight to Trading Standards and letting the dealership know this too, possibly even taking them to a small claims court to recover any additional expense for a service not received - totally unacceptable in my view.
[/QUOTE]I am currently dealing with trading standards although this has to go via consumer advice but its in hand. i will be taking the matter to a solictor aswell and I intend to sue for compnsation for finacial losses and stress of dealing with this..The main reason for this post is to high light to those that are not already aware the lack of help you can expect from NISSAN GB they havent even had the deceny to aknowledge the emails sentand I know they have received them as I had read receipts sent.Nissan customer service is shocking and for that alone I advise people to buy a different brand
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This truly is dreadful service and you do seem to be doing all the right things. I assume that you have done the basic one of writing directly to the Managing Director of Dumpton Park Nissan? Daft as it may seem he/she might not know what has gone on here and might well want to put things right by the customer?Best of luck but you certainly have the evidence you need to make a claim but hopefully it won't be necessary, going to court is not a particularly pleasant experience and to be avoided if at all possible.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

I'm looking forward to them proving they have 2 different Ollie Inghams working for them.I've no idea which bright spark thought they'd get away with that.Another thought:-I'm not sure i'd be leaving the VIN and registration together on an open forum btw.
Nissan no more...
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I'd suggest you also: 1/ Give feedback on here, which they are members of:http://www.motorcodes.co.uk/& moan on their Freephone line too. 2/ Flag issue on Twitter too so it's seen by all who watch the Nissan Twitter site:https://twitter.com/NissanUK 3/ Be first to leave feedback on them here:http://www.aboutmotors.co.uk/nissan/ken ... issan/1837
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
iMike

Post by iMike »

Thanks for the Heads up, i live fairly local and Dumpton Park is probably the nearest Nissan dealership to me. I did go there to test drive the new QQ and when i sat down with the salesman to talk numbers, he actually said if you just want the cheapest deal, then you are better off going online (which i had already, so had a price in mind) he told me i was paying for great customer service at a local family run garage! Looks like ill be getting my QQ serviced at Canterbury.
1.2DiGT Tekna Storm white, Premium chrome pack
Jonnyqq

Post by Jonnyqq »

Interested to know the outcome of this fiasco,hope it went to your advantage, we all hear the shocking care or no care from Nissan HQ, I can't believe how much they treat custamers with such disregard.
Goodoldqq
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="deks36"]I just want to warn members in the East Kent area to avoid this dealer. I had my Nissan in their in October for its 2nd year Major service. Had issues from the day I dropped it off, they didnt carry out the warranty repairs and they failed to drop the car back as promised also I made a wasted trip by train to collect the car as it wasnt repaired after telling me it was.It gets better though as it was in for a major service the checksheetfound in the car indicates a minor service performed. When I called to question this they denied it and said a major service was doneNissan GB were not interested then last weekend I received another checksheet through the post with the major service parts ticked but here is the issues first ive noted they have incorrectly recorded the mileage on my car and did so last year(hadnt previously spotted that one) my car to date has covered 9550 miles Nissan dealer has it recorded at 35760 and the tick sheet has been filled in by a different person but using the name of the original technician To date neither Nissan or the dealer have responded to my letters calls or emails.currently we have a car we cannot sell as service history doesnt match the car we have[/QUOTE]
I'm not surprised. Over the years I have had many such experiences with main dealers of different brands. Some were just inept. Some were crooks. Some ARE crooks.As far as your service record goes, it shows the correct mileage on the top sheet, so just cross the incorrect mileage off the bottom and correct it. Don't worry about it. The people who did it are probably just not very capable, certainly of paperwork and administration and is just symptomatic of their general ineptitude, as you noted above about their general service.Find another dealer in future. Don't be surprised if they are nearly as cack-handed as this one. There are some good dealers with good people out there. Somewhere.
Quacker2014-12-15 16:57:49