PETROLRIPOFF

The place to discuss everything else..
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

Feeling particularly sad today when I filled up the Micra I decided to see what happened at Tesco.Petrol was £1.199 a litre so I stopped at 1 litre, display read £1.20, it had ripped me off for £0.001.So I dribbled in another £0.01, price read £1.21 yet the amount still read 1.00 litres.Since £0.011 is only 0.0091743 litres it simply would not have clicked the quantity onto the next digit.Then I stopped at 10 litres, price was £11.99, exactly £1.199 a litre.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Then they should advertise it at £11.99 for 10 litres and not per litreThere is a law in UK you have to sell things for the price advertisedYou cant say if you buy 10 cans of beans the price works out cheaper than if you buy 1End of day they choose to advertise fuel at .01 of a litre, if they honest and charged to nearest penny this wouldnt happenIts the principal of the thing
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

[quote="Donkey"]Then they should advertise it at £11.99 for 10 litres and not per litreThere is a law in UK you have to sell things for the price advertisedYou cant say if you buy 10 cans of beans the price works out cheaper than if you buy 1End of day they choose to advertise fuel at .01 of a litre, if they honest and charged to nearest penny this wouldnt happenIts the principal of the thing[/QUOTE]
Clearly you have no concept of what I was trying to say.Myself and others have wasted our time.I suggest you repeat what I have done and alert trading standards etc if you are unhappy. They will do nothing because nothing wrong is being done.Could do with a laugh.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="Donkey"]Then they should advertise it at £11.99 for 10 litres and not per litreThere is a law in UK you have to sell things for the price advertisedYou cant say if you buy 10 cans of beans the price works out cheaper than if you buy 1End of day they choose to advertise fuel at .01 of a litre, if they honest and charged to nearest penny this wouldnt happenIts the principal of the thing[/QUOTE]
That is what we're saying ... It IS being charged to the nearest penny hence the whole thing with 2 decimal places on the pump...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Perhaps The Donkey is having a laugh at our expense - and ought to be renamed The Troll...
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

All this is getting rather tiresome now.
The petrol stations are doing nothing wrong or illegal at all.
If you're that bothered about 'losing' about a tenth of a penny on a litre, then why not start filling up in a morning when the petrol is colder and more dense, and then only drive your car when it has warmed enough to expand to give you more mpg!
I say this a bit tongue in cheek, but some of you really are making something out of nothing!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

That .01 works out millions over a yearA film was made in 80s on a true story in USA where a accountant of a huge company realised peoples wages was actualy .01 per hour and actualy slipped all those .01 into a seperate accountTake exchange rates and say to the dealers .01 is nothingits the principle that winds me up, yes means nothing to me and you but one thing for sure its never in our favour I accept over a lifetime we probably loose a pound per person, trivial but that dont make it rightI accept its legal, I accept its legal for a lot of people to legaly enter my home without asking but it wont stop me fighting them as they do itSorry its wrong its the principal and they wont change it to a who penny because they will loose money on it
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Wait a minute while I just bang my head against a brick wall!!!
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

lol Gymdaddy why is it people cant accept other people see things diffrent on this forum?Its like everyone must agrea and no one can see things diffrentlyGo into corner with others and grumble lol Its my opinion and ill stick to it even if everyone bangs head on wallJust remember at some point your views you differ from others see if you stand your ground
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Agree to disagree then.
There you go, that's a compromise.