Lewis

The place to discuss everything else..
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

Great win to secure his 2nd WDCGlad it went to the best driver with most wins.

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Certainly went to the driver with the most wins - and in the best car.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
mrlazy

Post by mrlazy »

It's just a shame it was a bit of an anti climax due to Nico's car issues

Still, the best man won :)
rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

[quote="mrlazy"]It's just a shame it was a bit of an anti climax due to Nico's car issues Still, the best man won :)[/QUOTE]
That's how Karma works Next year will be simply amazing
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I don't think it was an anti-climax. Ok, I said at the very start that me and the lads should go the pub as he got straight into first after an excellent start, however the Williams put up a good fight to get 2/3 spot and hopefully a sign of things to come next year rather than Merc being dominant
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The start from Lewis today was unbelievable compared to Niko's and I live in Germany ! Personally I think that Lewis was just playing safe at the end and making sure he finished ahead of the Williams of Massa & Bottas.Now the Williams Team has had an excellent year, could it be that Frank Williams daughter is now the driving force ?Splank, you mentioned that you hoped that Mercedes will not be dominant next year but what does the F1 Williams FW36 use - the Merc Motor so although Mercedes won the Merc motors were also up there. This Williams team has really now got into Advanced Engineering and are heavily involved in the construction of the Battery Systems for the 32 cars involved in the new Formular E. Also they have been involved with Nissan Nismo Dept. since 2013 working in the Developement of High Performance Road Cars. We will have to see how McLaren cope with the new Honda Tieup and Ferrari with Alonso - here is to next year Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry I forgot this I thought it might be of interest - Davehttp://www.williamsf1.com/AdvancedEngineering/ ... ies/Nismo/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Merc started to loose their initial edge towards the end of this season with Williams car evolving as the season went on. As you say, they run the same engine but the difference is with the aero package. Williams were running a lower downforce setup compared to Merc which worked on straights but didn't help them much in corners. The Honda engine next year will be interesting, and I hope Renault work out their running problems. I am sure we are going to see the development of the "split turbo" system as they work so much better and loads of advantages. I was concerned earlier on that this setup could cause headaches in terms of the shaft that has to support such high rpm, its difficult to balance it but clearly this has not been an issue and its advantages have really come through! Ferrari were surprisingly poor this year, their engine although running correctly, simply could not deliver the performance needed to get on top
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

He derserved to win no doubt but not a fan, I used to be but went off him a few years ago after he threw his toys out of the pram & threatened to quit making it sound as if he was bigger than the sport. Having said that he has matured & was not as whiney this year.
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Well done to Lewis, even if I've never liked him much - he's had to wait a while for WDC2 to come to him. Speaking as a Ferrari fan through and through, 2014 has been a year to forget, and we can only hope that Vettel can achieve what Alonso couldn't, or that Raikkonen can do it again!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack