Berlin Tekna Nissan Connect

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Sorry I put this under a New Topic but there were lots of mixed comments on Nissan Connect and I thought it easier to open up a new one.

We had our QQ updated at the end of Aug. with the DO53 but never had time to play with it due to the Pensioners Break. Anyway I was at our Dealers yesterday and the Sales Guy tried to get the Connect System working correctly but gave up. I recommended to get the IT/ Computer Guy over from the other Dealership and I called him for a appointment which was today.
He started by checking firstly if our You+Nissan and Nissan Connect on our iphones 5C's were installed correctly. Then he checked that both iphones were downloaded and accessible on Connect, all addresses were in and all down loaded music functioned (P1), this shows the comment ipod which is the wifes iphone.
Then he tested our new 32Gb USB 2.0 Stick which had musin downloads this also functioned (thanks again for the Tip from jonceebee to buy new). Then I asked him about the "Google On Line" (P2) side of things, he tried but it did not function at first and said in Germany it is different to the UK. Then he asked "do you really need it", my comment was "No ! but I paid good money for a High Tech Car and I would like to have it". I then suggested connecting the iphone cable from the QQ USB Port to the iphone and what popped up was the "Apps" just what we wanted : Eurosport (P3)/ Google Online Search (P4)/ Twitter (P5)/ Trip Advisor (P6) a€“ but I did NOT want Facebook. I personally would never use these sites when on the move and as I mentioned previously I paid for this and I wanted it to work. The POi's also work as you can see eg the Dealer Info' (P4).
This is what we downloaded in Green, you will see in the LH Corner "Disconnected" reason no cable attached.

P1 P2

P3 P4

P5 P6

So All in All a really good days work done in an hour by the Nissan Tech Rene, I just now need to use it more and familiarise myself with it - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Nice one. I've had a quick go at trying to make this work but so far no luck (I did try to get the headunit to see my phone and apps while in an underground garage - thought it might at least see the apps on the phone as it was wired in but not talking to the outside world - no chance). I'll have a play next time I'm in the car, in a good signal area, have an hour to kill etc. I would like to get the Google plus thing working so I can send destinations from my computer to the car SatNav, apart from that I can't see I'd use anything else.Thanks for taking the time to put this stuff up here - I'm sure I'll be referring to it a lot in the near future.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, a pleasure that is what this Forum is all about , Sharing Data and Feedback good or bad - Dave ?Y‘?
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Beardyman - Google also allows you to search by voice which can be very useful. Not sure about TripAdvisor as still to use it.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Thanks, will try that as well. I'm a little disappointed that the SatNav won't take voice commands. There are a few times, using a TomTom, I've found it really useful to change routes/destinations while on the move using the voice command whereas I wouldn't dream of trying to press buttons/type while on the move! Perhaps one day my iPhone will let me interact with Siri/Connect as Nissan have expressed interest in Apple "Carplay"/Siri hands free but I suspect that will be an Apple partnership feature on the next gen phone/car system.Cheers
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, I think we must be on the same wave length as I have also got the bug with Voice Commands and been searching. As mentioned by PeterL (I am sure if there are problems he will help) it appears it can be done and I have found under "Electronic Systems" / "Nissan Connect and Owners Portal Problems " Page 6 some good comments on how to activate it - Take a look we could be going High Tech soon - Dave
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Believe me guys it can be done! I'm not able to give you chapter and verse at the moment but you really can use Siri together with the Google App to find a place and get directions to it. All very clever and it's been there a while now.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.