Best Dashcams

The place to discuss everything else..
Johnnie Qashguy

Post by Johnnie Qashguy »

Hi all, was thinking about buying a dash cam, Wife works in Cambridge and has come close to hitting a cyclist who have no regard to the rules of the road, not all cyclist i might add ,so was wondering has anyone have any suggestions/reviews of the best dash cams.Kind Regards
Johnnie Q

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

techmoan (via google) has reviewed loads so if you have a spare afternoon to watch videos it's a good place to start.The only thing you'll need to watch out for is he doesn't do long term feedback and some units he's tested are known to not have great longevity even if they appear good "out of the box".I use a roadhawk at the moment but it's really designed for my bike and it's not the best once it gets dark.It's to protect me from cars (ironically).I'm looking at trying a mobius in the QQ (awaiting delivery).A few of the other guys on here have other units so i'm sure they'll have some opinions also.
Nissan no more...
Johnnie Qashguy

Cheers Alleycat, think i will make a cup of tea and start watching.
Johnnie Q
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

This is as good a thread as anyhttp://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/dash- ... c1063.html
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Policewitness.com is an interesting site. They sell a range of cameras and include membership to a scheme which will assist you with any claim you need to make or with reporting incidents of dangerous driving caught on your camera.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Johnnie Qashguy

Thanks Guys, will check them out.
Johnnie Q
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

I use a Roadhawk, not cheap but works well and lasted 3 years so far
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Proac

Post by Proac »

I use my smart phone just down load the app free from google store works ok for me then bought a car phone cradle for £3.99 from amazon works great this is not my film but this is how it looks and saves you paying £20 £30 £40 and up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJZBkmE4G8
Bronze Acenta Premium
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Proac"]
I use my smart phone just down load the app free from google store works ok for me then bought a car phone cradle for £3.99 from amazon works great this is not my film but this is how it looks and saves you paying £20 £30 £40 and up A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGJZBkmE4G8[/QUOTE] not bad at all, though I doubt it's very convenient and Sod's law says you'll leave it behind on the one day that it was needed.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Dieselwheasel

Post by Dieselwheasel »

Is it possible to have the dashcam hard wired in rather than having cables all over the place?
Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Ink Blue, Born 31/1/15 Bonnet hood, sill guards but I want more