Cleaning the Windscreen / Replacing Wiper Blades

The place to discuss everything else..
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I saw that too, and that's why I also told you about the £18.39 set - but I'm giving the cheap seller a chance. If the cheaper ones are not kosher, eBay will refund me and I get to keep the wipers. Seller did put correct Bosch order number (3397007566) in ad, though.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Hound wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:45 pm I saw that too, and that's why I also told you about the £18.39 set - but I'm giving the cheap seller a chance. If the cheaper ones are not kosher, eBay will refund me and I get to keep the wipers. Seller did put correct Bosch order number (3397007566) in ad, though.
Very true. Thanks for the heads up :)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Hound wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:45 pm I saw that too, and that's why I also told you about the £18.39 set - but I'm giving the cheap seller a chance. If the cheaper ones are not kosher, eBay will refund me and I get to keep the wipers. Seller did put correct Bosch order number (3397007566) in ad, though.
Question is...how will you tell if they are genuine or not? Fakes are exceptional in their appearance these days. Good luck with getting a refund from eBay etc...
Hound

Post by Hound »

We shall see, O Pessimistic One :D
Hound

Post by Hound »

Wipers have arrived today in pristine packaging, and having compared them (with a magnifying lens!) to my current Bosch set and packaging, I'm glad to say they appear authentic.

wipers.jpg

I just treated the windscreen with Rain-X. As soon as I'd finished, it started raining. I can't understand it -- it's supposed to be a rain repellent! :D
Deleted User 2899

Hound wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 12:15 pm Wipers have arrived today in pristine packaging, and having compared them (with a magnifying lens!) to my current Bosch set and packaging, I'm glad to say they appear authentic.
wipers.jpg
I just treated the windscreen with Rain-X. As soon as I'd finished, it started raining. I can't understand it -- it's supposed to be a rain repellent! :D

You WIN :)

The other reason I didn't want to buy from that seller is because they said delivery wouldn't be until Thursday of this week where-as the power seller that I bought from said Monday (today) / Tuesday. I bought and paid on Friday (as you know) and about an hour ago I got a Dispatch Email from ebay saying they have been posted today (48 hour tracked) ... so much for Monday delivery !
Hound

Post by Hound »

I was just lucky! Mine were delivered by MyHermes. Hope yours arrive bright and early tomorrow morning!

To remove the little washer attachment, hold the wiper shell firmly, grip washer bit with pliers, and pull in the direction of the tube, towards the end of the wiper.

spray.jpg

My fingers weren't strong enough!
Deleted User 2899

Hound wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:00 pm I was just lucky! Mine were delivered by MyHermes. Hope yours arrive bright and early tomorrow morning!

To remove the little washer attachment, hold the wiper shell firmly, grip washer bit with pliers, and pull in the direction of the tube, towards the end of the wiper.
spray.jpg

My fingers weren't strong enough!
Thanks for the info. Does that mean that whole piece snaps off or slides off ?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Houndie, good information on the Nozzles I have always left them on as they do not cause a problem - but Thanks another good Tip :)
The price you got was also pretty good, on Amazon here where I bought my last set they are now €24,90 (£21,5) inc shipping so you save a few pennies. If you really want to get money conscious you can buy INION 2x Spare Rubber Blades for €5 (£4,30) which are also sold with the AR652S Set here. These Bosch Products are still IMHO the Best Wipers and with Rain-X even better - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

It slides off, but it takes a bit of force. It's designed to come off and clip onto either side, depending on whether you have a LHD or RHD car that uses that type of windscreen washer. The illustration on the back of the box shows someone removing it and fitting it on the other side with their bare fingers, but I was much too feeble to do that.

Dave, if you bought the AR652S set like Lanstrom's at £18.39, shipping to Germany is an extra £3.95 - total £22.34 or about €25.85 - sadly no real saving for you :(
Last edited by Hound on Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.