Cleaning the Windscreen / Replacing Wiper Blades

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As this question arises often in Topics I thought I would just put these Nissan comments in the "Idle Chit Chat" Area. Splank feel free to do what you like with this if it is in the wrong place a€“ Dave
Quote : Nissan Qashqai Drivers Guide App (# 8. Headlamps and Wipers)
CLEANING THE WINDSCREEN OR REPLACING THE WIPER BLADES
To clean or replace the wiper blades, you will need to pull up the wiper arms from the windscreen. To be able to do so, the wiper arms should be in the upright position.
To achieve this, push the wiper switch arm upwards twice in quick succession. The wiper arms will move to the upright position. This can be performed with the ignition "ON" or for up to 1 minute after the ignition is turned "OFF". To move the wipers back to the normal (park) position, switch the ignition "ON" and push the wiper switch upwards.
Note : Before returning the wipers to the park position, make sure the wipers touch the screen. If not, the wipers may hit the bonnet when returning to the park position.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I wonder if they have added this yet to the manuals in new QQ's Dave??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I new it was something like that but never quite sure exactly how to do it. Thanks Dave, as always, useful information.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, you raised a good Point here. I have checked our Manual (QQ 08/14) but in the German Language LHD and there is NO mention off how to get the Wiper Arms in the "Service" position. There are plenty of warning about not raising the bonnet in the Service position or not forgetting to place the Wipers back on the Screen, the Major Point was obviously overlooked.
Perhaps somebody with a New QQ could confirm if an Update has been made ? Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I went into dealers soon after car bought, and they'd no knowledge of such a feature
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

In my manual (J11-U2) September 2014 the service position is mentioned complete with instructions on page 2-34 (instruments and controls) but not on page 8-24 (changing the wiper blades, where you would also expect it).
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Just bringing this back up.My wiper blades are now pretty much shot and, if I'm honest, I've not been impressed with the "genuine" ones from the get go.Can someone please confirm I'm not going mad and the blades are 26" and 17" respectively (circa 660 and 440mm)?Almost all the big UK "sites" claim that i require a smaller blade and want to sell me what i consider to be the wrong product (even when putting the specifics of the car they all come up with).However if i look at a US site and use the "rogue" as the car to pick from they give me the measurements / sizes i expect.I know everything is "bigger" in America but I'm starting to doubt my capability with a tape measure I'm looking at bosch aero twins AR26u and AR17U unless anyone else has another suggestion.cheers,-Richard
Nissan no more...
Pherlopolus

Post by Pherlopolus »

[quote="AlleyCat"] Just bringing this back up.

My wiper blades are now pretty much shot and, if I'm honest, I've not been impressed with the "genuine" ones from the get go.

Can someone please confirm I'm not going mad and the blades are 26" and 17" respectively (circa 660 and 440mm)?

Almost all the big UK "sites" claim that i require a smaller blade and want to sell me what i consider to be the wrong product (even when putting the specifics of the car they all come up with).

However if i look at a US site and use the "rogue" as the car to pick from they give me the measurements / sizes i expect.

I know everything is "bigger" in America but I'm starting to doubt my capability with a tape measure

I'm looking at bosch aero twins AR26u and AR17U unless anyone else has another suggestion.

cheers,
-
Richard

[/QUOTE]

I blindly bought the Bosch ones from eurocarparts, the passenger one was about an inch shorter.

The original ones were crap, replaced them at 3000 miles...

Happiness is restored :)
duncho

Post by duncho »

OEM wipers' length is 650 x 425mm. You have following options for replacement:

- BOSCH AeroTwin AR652S 650x450mm
- BOSCH Aero AR26U 650mm
- BOSCH Aero AR17U 425mm
- BOSCH H301(304) 300mm (rear)

I personally use BOSCH AeroTwin AR652S which are perfect. They are also cheaper than single blades AR26U + AR17U.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, Thanks for these facts ?Y‘?. I have been looking in the Stores / Auto Shops and nearly all have old Bosch Catologues with no reference to the QQ J11. I will order mine today they will go together with the Rain-x that finally arrived yesterday (first packet was leaking and delayed because of the German Post Strike) - Dave