Cleaning the Windscreen / Replacing Wiper Blades

The place to discuss everything else..
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Dave, they dont have them online, you have to call in and ask for them. They get them in for next day collection. Last time was just over 20 quid I think. Im fortunate as theres a branch near where I park going to work. Ill update next time I buy a pair.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, thanks for the information the cost seems to be similiar to what I paid. I still have the modified Bosch Wipers Blades with the spare Blades to test out so for the time being I am OK. But obviously this sort of information could be interesting for other members i.e. Length difference, costs and suppliers - Thanks again Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just seen this Tool. This might be of interest to some as the price being offered is less than stated for new Wiper Blades (Amazon cost is higher), but whether it works satisfactory needs testing - Dave ;)

https://ecocut-pro.de/en/

IMG_1853.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Black-is-Back

Post by Black-is-Back »

DaveBerlin wrote:Firstly Ian, it can be done but you have to be quick here is another Nissan instruction at the bottom of the attached page.

Black-is-Back, in my opinion you get what you pay for and I have always found the Bosch Blades to be the Best OK you have to shop around if you are looking at prices. I always use these Blades with the Windows treated with Rain-X.
The price from Grease Monkey look very cheap so if it is the price you are worried about I would give these a try. You cannot really lose out on them at £3,50 a piece, but again is the quality and rubber satisfactory. Possibly other members have some experience of these cheaper Blades. Now regarding the Fitment normally there are different Snap-On attachments supplied to suit different Wiper Arm Fittings. Personally I would just give them a go -Dave ;)
Cheers Dave. It is worth a shot. I'll give it a go.
;)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Ive only once used replacement rubbers about 10 years ago, and never again. Binned them after a couple of days as they were actually worse than the worn ones that they had replaced.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Got my Bosch AR652s blades this morning (for front (26 & 18"), but too cold to go out & fit.
Dave, what's the secret in levering the plastic hinge up so I can gain access to the "U" bend on wiper arm; instructions on carton, not helpful, as hinge shown is not what's in the box.
Obviously the socket (arrowed) for the w/screen washer pipe not used in our car.
UPDATED
Now see (no thanks to (so called) instructions that I need to squeeze area marked by horizontal lines to
left of Bosch logo, and it hinges up to reveal the retaining "rod". ;)

:?:

AR652S.jpg

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, it is not only you that had the problem I had to sit down with a Beer and try to get the the Engineering Brain working ;) which ain't easy before I realised the lines meant Squeeze. Do not bother about the Washer Tube it felt a little brittle to me to remove it and we have had no problems - so leave it alone. I think personally you will like the Wiper & Lengths combination - Dave :)
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Thanks Dave; My manual had absolutely no mention of the Wipers "Service Position", and dealer at time had never heard of either.
Here's a youtube link which some may find useful. :oops:

FITTING:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

Got 2 wiper blades in ASDA. Fit perfect wipe perfect. 28" and 16". These sizes ensure that the whole screen is wiped no gap in the middle of the screen. 64 Plate Tekna.
Simmo
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

simmo400 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:11 pm Got 2 wiper blades in ASDA. Fit perfect wipe perfect. 28" and 16". These sizes ensure that the whole screen is wiped no gap in the middle of the screen. 64 Plate Tekna.
Can you remember what make/model number they are ? I could do with a new set of fronts.

Thanks