Nissan Trucks / Pickups > Nissan Titan

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am sure there are a few members that have an interest in Trucks / Pickups. I found this video of "Nissan Truckumentary looks back through the Brand's Trucks". It is presented by a Nissan Titan Product Planner Brent Hagan and shows briefly the Factory but mainly the older Truck's in the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville TN a€“ worth a look Dave

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/25/niss ... ary-video/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Several acquaintances have Nissan Navara pickups. My neighbour had a diesel automatic which has now covered over 150,000 miles. The current model shape manual transmissions had a few problems with their clutches not being up to the job and some rear axle failures as well. They were beefed up a couple or three years ago.A new model is imminent which has rear coil springs apparently. Only the LR Defender110 has coil springs to date and that handle like a boat in heavy seas when loaded, so we shall see.I own a current model Ford Ranger 2.2 diesel automatic and it is a superb workhorse.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Have to say i'm with quacker on this one.If i was in this market i'd be looking at buying the ford.The new F150 looks like a game changer.
Nissan no more...
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

AlleyCat, you are probably correct about the F-150, this has been the number one Truck in the US for some years now and the 2015 model is looking nice. Funny you should mention this because we have a friend who lives in Kentucky whom we meet in Florida and he is a Doctor (also does Ops), has shaky hands and is over 70 and he drives a Harley Davidson Truck - some Truck !
Found this Titan video of Torture Testing for interest - Dave

F-150 2015

Harley Davidson F-150

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/13/2016 ... ing-video/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Neither Nissan Titan nor the F150 are coming our way. There is much debate about the Cummins V8 used in the Titan, seeing as Dodge used to fit Cummins but have rejected it in favour of the Italian VM 3.0 as used in the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which we do get over here.The new Navara is a totally different beast to the US Titan and probably will not be offered with the Cummins. It will surely be sold with a choice of Renault sourced diesel engines. Possibly a 1.6 twin turbo and a variation on the existing engine. There is a slim chance that a more efficient version of the V6 diesel will be offered.
Quacker2015-04-01 12:26:55
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Shame about the F150. Full aluminum-alloy body and load carrying weight is up a fair amount too.Can't say i have any experience of Nissan "trucks" but i suspect Ford aren't worried.I spoke to a Mitsu dealer about a year ago and they sell more "trucks" than they do cars.Having driven one i'm not sure why people would buy them as it was a god awful thing and the payload area didn't seem as large as i'd have expected (probably got a warped view of these smaller trucks after driving my FIL's F250).Not something i'd want to do in the UK mind you.
Nissan no more...
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it looks like the new Nissan Navara NP300 Truck has arrived - Dave ;)

Nissan’s latest one-tonne NP300 Navara Pickup Truck The flatbed in the new Navara will carry up to one tonne of cargo. While towing another 3.5 tonnes behind it. It will also drive up a near-30-degree slope over just about any terrain you can aim it at and it has bolted in multi-link rear suspension. The idea is to make the Navara drive less like a truck and more like one of Nissan’s wildly successful crossovers. The modern suspension on the four-door double-cab version, with the coach door-equipped ‘King cab’ (only a sales footnote in Europe, but popular in Asia) sticking with leaf springs. There’s a more serious business case to consider, too. Nissan sold 750,000 vehicles across Europe last year, but just 50,000 of those were ‘commercial vehicles’ – i.e. pick-ups and vans. If Nissan can make the idea of an open-boot SUV more palatable to buyers who don’t have their own building firms, it’d be a massive boost for the company bank balance.
You can have either 158bhp or 187bhp from the grunty 2.3-litre four-pot diesel (the brawnier one has 332lb ft, thanks to two turbos instead of one), but whether you have the six-speed manual or Infiniti-sourced seven-speed automatic, progress is noisy and slow compared to a car, but par for the course for trucks. Inside has much chrome-garnished switchgear, silvery plasti-metal trim and many screens and readouts.
According to Nissan’s data, you’ll go further on a gallon, lugging more cargo, with a Navara than a Mitsubishi L200 or VW Amarok. But the crucial number is price, and the cheapest double-cab model is £23,995 (before you knock off the deductible VAT if bought as a commercial vehicle, not a family runaround). So actually it’s a £20,043 car. For one with an automatic gearbox and some leathery bits around the toys, it’s £28,145.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-galle ... n-europe#1

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/niss ... irst-drive

Navara.jpg

Navara1.jpg

Navara2.jpg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

The 2016 TITAN XD was named the "Truck of Texas" by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA), with its Cummins® 5.0L V8 Turbo Diesel, it makes an ideal, if unconventional, land speed record racer. The "Project Triple Nickel" is a working collaboration between Cummins and Nissan North America. Modification of the 2016 TITAN XD features a special lowered suspension, salt-flat style disc wheel covers, Mickey Thompson tires, an Ultra Shield seat, a Stroud Safety parachute, a custom-fabricated front air dam and bed covers and a custom, brushed nickel-colored wrap. Additional modifications – including a roll cage, additional safety equipment and more – will be added as the truck is developed with an eye toward setting new class speed records.
There are some Old Cummins Race videos included in the attachment – Dave :)

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... ple-nickel

2016_TITAN_XD_Triple_Nickel_02.jpg

2016_TITAN_XD_Triple_Nickel.jpg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it looks like Nissan are going to take on the US Truck Big Boys with this Titan Warrior Concept Truck with a 5.0L Motor – Dave ;)

The Nissan Titan Warrior Concept sports a widened body, six inches in total for the Warrior and the kind of internal bypass reservoir custom-designed shocks that allow for long travel but a plush ride on the road. Other than the custom suspension work required to take advantage of all that travel, like longer prototype front axles, hydraulic bump stops, and full custom upper and lower control arms, the truck is mechanically similar to the Titan XD you can already buy. That means it retains the 5.0-liter Cummins V8 turbo-diesel and the Aisin six-speed automatic transmission.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/01/11/niss ... l-detroit/

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are a couple of pics of the Std Titan 2017 if of interest - Dave ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg