Text Messaging

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This week on German TV there was a Documentary on people using mobile phones etc and not really knowing what was going on around them. Their total concentration was on texting or listening to music and they were in a total world of their own, walking into people or across roads.
At the end a video was shown from the Police in Lausanne called "Making Magic in Traffic with a Smart Phone" - This is obviously a computer video but it can be a bit Shocking so be warned, but it does definitely bring home the truth to you of being a daily occurence !
Take a look - Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YA8S2w5Q04

Now there is a article from the BBC on a Test of Walking Lanes in Antwerp :

People sending text messages in the centre of the Belgian city of Antwerp have been provided with dedicated temporary "text walking lanes" so that they do not collide with pedestrians.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33124433
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Wow, that does get your attention and people also doing this while driving!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

To be honest, I see this all the time BUT people without hand held devices just blinding walking into the road without a thought about what could be coming the other way without being distracted by a device/child! Worst offenders seem to be the junction into the works car park!
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Yesterday saw a cyclist on the road texting with both hands on the phone, none on handlebars
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I do not want to keep on on this subject which unfortunately happens daily, but I sent the above video (on the street) to my niece in Wales to try to bring the point home. She actually then sent me this driving video clip back made in 2009 with the Gwent Police Force, which is extremely Disturbing but does get the point home - Do Not Text and Drive !! - Dave

Please Note before you Open It ! : "Intended for Mature Audiences Only - Contains Graphic Violence"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC3x7K3EOTk
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Seen that before... ....The bit that really 'disturbs' be though out of the lot is the shot of the baby :(
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Frightening, but sadly you see this every day at some stage of your journey. But you still get these idiots who want to have text facilities available via the connect or whatever system which is fitted to their cars.Texting, Twitter and Facebook are becoming a real safety menace in all walks of life.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Yep, can fully vouch for the "safety menace". You don't realise yourself how easy this distraction can lead to a very nasty crash until you are in a situation which then makes you think - oh cra*! I will hold my hands up and say that I almost got caught out a few months ago by this.I was heavily distracted by a 'family issue' and was keeping a close eye on my phone for some messages to come through, however I was sufficiently distracted enough that I had not realised that a van had come to a halt in front of me as somebody in front of him was turning in front, I was heading straight for it at about 30mph. I only realised at the last second but before I could react, the car had already slammed on the brakes itself and I must have been inches from impact with the rear of it. The car had bought me to a halt itself, but if I was in any other car the situation would have been much worse. From that day, my behaviour changed immediately.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

[quote="jonceebee"]
Frightening, but sadly you see this every day at some stage of your journey. But you still get these idiots who want to have text facilities available via the connect or whatever system which is fitted to their cars.Texting, Twitter and Facebook are becoming a real safety menace in all walks of life.[/QUOTE]
Jon, you can imagine Facebook slaves writing:"I'm about to crash" "I have crashed (including selfie of course)" etc etc
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Over hear the subject of Texting, using Mobiles etc has been brought up again and the Fines to be possibly implemented are being discussed. I then took a look at the Dail Mail and found this AA Film on the same day. It is a short story with actors and the end is again the shocking part. When you try to react with other drivers you just end up getting the finger etc but in the US it is worst because of the Tinted Windows and what is behind them. The question is when will this problem be sorted and save some lives as the problem is all over - Dave :oops:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/a ... wheel-html