Dehumidifier from Henkel

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Last year some comments came up on moisture in QQ’s and I found this product at Lidl Germany and Gel found it on sale in the UK. If anybody is interested these are again on sale in Germany this week (keep your eyes open) so it might be possible they will appear in the UK. I have used these over the past year with zero moisture problems and will replace them now.
For the cost you cannot go far wrong ! - Dave ;)

Here are last years comments for the Newer members :

http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... kel#p22459

http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... kel#p20687

Here is the German Lidl Advert Cost was €2,99 (2,22 Pounds) here - Packet has 2 in.

http://www.lidl.de/de/henkel-mini-lufte ... er/p211419

Henkel.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

red baron

Post by red baron »

Dave,
I have been known to lurk around Lidl mainly buying tools. Not yet seen the Henkel product over here.
I've experienced this condensation problem on a number of Skoda Octavias and now on my QQ. Seems to occur in cold damp conditions whether aircon is on or off.
A friend of mine has given me a 1.1kg Top Dry desiccant bag which was originally packed with some pumping equipment. It's manufactured to DIN 55743/5B002 and is pack size 32,version A. A bit obtrusive but now lives in a net container between the front seats in the QQ. Seems to work very well. I guess its a bigger version of the silica gel sachets they pack with consumer electrical products.
Can't find Top Dry on line but did look at TROPACK GMBH who are listed http://WWW.tropack.com
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
red baron

Post by red baron »

This Amazon product looks like one I once used in a domestic situation to clear condensation from aluminium framed double glazed windows. Worked o/k but uses crystals which a re easily spilled.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

redbaron, this Henkel Product is 14 x14 x 1cm and I use one under each seat which for us is the main area of dampness. There are fine granules sealed inside and when it attracts moisture it then turns to a crystal form. The option from Amazon is a Box 26,6 x 10,6 x 9,6cm which is on the Big Side and no doubt would get kicked over.
Now if you have a Panoramic Roof try leaving the Sliding Internal Cover open in the winter which enables the air circulation to reach the glass roof. This was recommended by our Dealer and for two winters we have had no moisture - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

red baron, as a last resort how about giving Henkel UK a call and asking is the product available in the UK and where. The HQ is in Hemel Hampstead Tel #01442 278000 - Dave ;)
www.henkel.co.uk
www.henkel-cee.com
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to give you some Feedback on this Henkel Product. I was just giving the QQ a once over as it goes in for its 2nd year Service this week, so I took a look at these Dehumidifiers. Surprising enough in 6 months the White Crystals had turned to Gel (not the Forum member :D ) which indicates that they had in fact sucked up moisture. I have now replaced them with new ones - Dave ;)

Photos : 1st Comparison / Gel - Powder. 2nd Enlargement of the Gel

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just had the 19" Alloys put back on the QQ and it Looks like a Tekna again.
Also I just checked the condition of the "Henkel" De-Humidifier Bags and instead of being Granules they were more like Gel so I changed them, so again they seem to be doing the Job.
This might be Boring for the old members but might be of interest to the newer ones. I found that the "Henkel" parts are available on Amazon but the German Website if anybody is interested - Dave :)

IMG_3502.JPG

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not showing up in next week's Lidl sheet Dave:
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offe ... =161&ar=13
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

:lol: Gel, I think it will have to be Amazon then for next winter - Dave :)