Finaly my cars here (pics)

The place to discuss everything else..
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

For all you guys waiting for there Nissan my cars here finaly im toldSorry for the wind up

Contigo

Post by Contigo »

Love it, what a classic...
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dealer initialy gave me a 3 week lead timeNo at back of my house yesterday the auctions were doing classic cars and I popped in there to see the old bangersFunny listening to them all starting up running on 3 cylinders until they warm, the smell of real petrol and oil in the air and more oil on the floorthat old musty damp leather smell from the old rovers and jags.....joking aside that car made nearly £1400 so to all of us waiting one day your car will be worth the wait even if its in 30 years
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

I know the smell from my Italian Classic. Love it proper mix of finest leather and petrol

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="Contigo"]I know the smell from my Italian Classic. Love it proper mix of finest leather and petrol[/QUOTE]Thats the smell of those old oily rags you wipe your hands on and leave by the radiator cap lolHave to say though listening to the burbling choking engines trying to warm up made me laughwatching the young drivers trying to figure out what a choke cable does and then flooding them made me smile
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

The good old manual choke. Those were the days....

TC3

Post by TC3 »

Choke cable...that was on my first motor a Vauxhall Viva...
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

There was an old vauxhall cresta there and a ford ZephyrYou know after the auction they were in car park with the modern carsA they looked tiny as a kid they were huge and nowadays the skinny and short and we never ever realized the cars back then were bloody good looking Oh make me a Horlicks ffs im going on about in the old days when cars were cars and looked diffrent when fuel economy wasnt even thought of lol and a rag was needed to clear windows, every couple of months on a sunday heads were ripped off and valves decoked
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Omg Donkey, you are still a young whippersnapper.
Our family car when I was a child was an Austin A35 and there was usually me, my parents, my aunt and my nan who travelled in this car as well as all our luggage. It seemed perfectly big enough to me at the time but when I see them now (not that there are many about!) they are tiny.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dont get me startedI remember an old Austin 1100 my mum Dad Nan and grandad with us 3 kids all going to margate from Dagenham in essex like yesterdayWiered I specificly remember when we past 100 miles (nowadays that trip is less than 70 miles) and 3 1/2 hoursDad got a puncture somewhere in kent so all cases out jack car up and the police stopped.No one seemed to care so many in a car and I still remember my Grandad mentioning rear wheel arch was on tyre as he got it lolThese new QQ everyone seems to be talking about why 3 kids could sit in that and not even reach each other to fight ffs