Nissan points towards electric future

The place to discuss everything else..
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I don't really understand why you would want to discharge your car battery, only to then re-charge it? There are a fair few times where you may need to jump in your car at short notice, and if your battery is flat...? Surely it wont help the life span either... Seems like dumb logic to me!

I suppose if you have a free way to charge up, such as solar (will be slow unless you have an appropriate sized array, and not using it for anything else), then I don't really see how this will benefit anybody!

Now, re-using the battery's from cars as house storage units will work and gets around the problem of what the heck Nissan will do with the glut of batteries its about to recover from cars that wont hold a decent charge, however most who have invested in solar panels have locked into feed in tariffs so any over production is sold back to the grid for a profit, or to subsidise evening use and have a 0 balance on electric. Yes, you could save it in a battery and use it to power your house over night, BUT at ~£3k on top of any solar array costs (which now cot more as the government are removing its subsidies), its quite a chunk of money that would take many years to recover, not to mention the potential service and the eventual replacement of the battery.....
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I keep reading about Electric Cars and last year in Florida got a ride in a Tesla Model S / 0-60 mph in 2,8 secs / Range around 300 miles. We were recently offered a Nissan Leaf by our Dealer but when I asked where do I charge it as we live in a 5 Appt house he found a Charging Point Station 6 miles away. Now our local Dealer (same owner) has Charging Points outside the Dealership but they are always full with Demo Leafs.
Perhaps I am naive, we live on the Ground Floor and have a Parking Place outside our window so we could install a Charging Point but what if you live in a High Rise Appt. Can anybody explain how you get around this problem, do not tell me use an tension cable :D ? - Thanks Dave ;)
I have just been looking at a Berlin Co. Unu that are marketing Electric Motor Scooters (Chinese of course delivered in a box) for €1699 / Range 55 miles but the interesting point was the Battery can be removed easily and charged in your house.

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

I think charging up using a socket in your house, street, car park..... wont be around for a long time and wont really become the norm unless you have a way to generate electric yourself (such as solar panels). It is not sustainable for the grid to take such a demand and in reality is just shifting the problem. We already have issues in the UK with electrical demand, aging generator stations, and a grid that was never designed to take such a load!

Yes, they may still exist as a handy convenience, however tech such as hydrogen fuel cell just needs to be given a push which will solve a large number of problems and make moving to full electric much more viable for a lot more people.
Deleted User 759

DaveBerlin wrote:Perhaps I am naive, we live on the Ground Floor and have a Parking Place outside our window so we could install a Charging Point but what if you live in a High Rise Appt. Can anybody explain how you get around this problem, do not tell me use an tension cable :D ? - .
The problem you have hear is liability concern. If you trail a cable across a public walk way/car park you are creating a trip hazard. You would really need a charge point properly installing at the front of your parking space which will route a cable under the ground! This requires all sorts of weird and wonderful permissions to be granted from the council and leaseholders!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve Thanks, just wanted another opinion it is exactly the same here. Cables draped everywhere or laid on the floor have always been a Security hazard - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Electric Cars to Rival Tesla's Powerwall in Nissan Deal. Here are some comments from the US on this subject - Dave ;)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... -powerwall
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nissan achieves largest collective solar roof in the Netherlands / The electricity generated is sufficient for the power consumption of 900 households. / Crowd funding: purchased with ZonneDelen [Solar Bonds] costing from 25 euros, with sustainable yield / New step within Intelligent Mobility with smart mobility and sustainable energy as cornerstones
Nissan Motor Parts Center in Europe is the first company in the Netherlands to make its roof available to others for the production of sustainable energy on a large scale. The first section becomes operational at the end of February. The project will be fully completed in May - Dave ;)

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/rele ... etherlands
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Japan H2 Mobility, LLC established by eleven companies to accelerate deployment of hydrogen stations in Japan - Dave ;)

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/rele ... 80305-01-e
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nissan Leaf Used Batteries to light up a Japanese Town - Dave :)

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... anese-town