Hydrographic - Water Transfer Printing

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Whilst in Florida we always pay a visit to the British Car Show and Corvette Show amongst others just to see what is around and get some ideas. The idea of Foiling cars is not new and this Hydrographic system has also been around for some time but seems to be picking up in the States. When I saw this I thought it might be interesting to apply to an Engine Cover but alas on our 1,2L there ain't one so I thought I would post this for anybody that might be interested - Dave ;)
Pics are : a proposed Nissan engine Cover / the Process / some Chevrolet Corvette examples of what can be done.

The process uses a specialized film that floats on the water surface and the transfer of the pattern is achieved by the pressure of the water and can easily cover 3D forms. Attached is the website from American Hydrocarbon :

http://www.americanhydrocarbon.com/Home.php

IMG_1723.PNG

IMG_1719.PNG

IMG_1721.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Sanke

Post by Sanke »

Hi Dave,

I can certainly recommend this, if you find the right person to do it. Had the chrome rear strip on my AMG C63S done in carbon and 2k clear coat over the top, you can't spot the difference.

I can recommend Demon Dipping by in Medway, Kent. Good bunch of guys.

Steve
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just found this video showing the techniques used for “Foiling” a Dark Grey Satin Vinyl Wrap on a Camaro ZL1. Might be of interest for future ideas - Dave :D

I saw this Lotus that had been done in the US a few years back, very cleanly done

3440CEB5-30DF-4A20-A671-BDC4BCA6B722.jpeg

61D2520E-6B79-4C59-BA5E-BE5BFAB615BA.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken