The place to discuss everything else..
ChrisDK

Post by ChrisDK »

This one popped up on my phone this morning

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/ ... l-problems

2016 1.2 DIG-T Tekna Magnetic Red

HMC

Post by HMC »

I bought a new Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T N-Connecta petrol car three months ago and the car has just had to have a new engine and new battery. It had not even done 1600 miles. Nissan insist they are allowed to do one repair before the car is 6 months old rather than replace it. I regard a whole new engine and new battery after 3 months as more than one repair and evidence that this car is not to be trusted. Now having read the Guardian article I think that Nissan are not taking responsibility for a more widespread problem.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Chris, thanks for this attachment that is really interesting that now the problems have reached the Daily Press. Surely now Nissan must react and now that the Forum has been mentioned I would think at least Owner readers of the Guardian will react. It is great that the Lady involved is to get a new QQ and hopefully now other owners will have some reason for corrective work. Perhaps even Nissan Management will take notice of this and the Forum comments / complaints and react to improve the QQ Quality which after all is not a bad SUV for some - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

It doesn't take much bad press for people to vote with their feet, this type of issue is frustrating for 1.2 owners as clearly there is a problem but it appears that Nissan seem to be reluctant to take ownership of the problem. I am very happy with my QQ but would I have chosen a QQ if I had read the Guardian article, even though my QQ has a different engine.......... probably not? My reasoning is, if Nissan do not stand fully behind all their products then what happens if my Nissan has a problem?

A full engine change at such a low mileage is, in my view, much more than just a repair.

Problems do arise but its how those problems are dealt with that differentiates one manufacturer from another.

Did I mention that I like my QQ :)
Last edited by PJB729 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
jay70

Post by jay70 »

When the timing chain started rattling on my brandnew QQ after only a few hundred miles the dealer told me it's not common for this to happen but that is obviously total bull.

There again I also overheard the service assistant tell an old couple that the remap they had just carried out on their Juke would sort their oil loss issue, which again is total bull!
jay70

Post by jay70 »

HMC wrote:I bought a new Nissan Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T N-Connecta petrol car three months ago and the car has just had to have a new engine and new battery. It had not even done 1600 miles. Nissan insist they are allowed to do one repair before the car is 6 months old rather than replace it. I regard a whole new engine and new battery after 3 months as more than one repair and evidence that this car is not to be trusted. Now having read the Guardian article I think that Nissan are not taking responsibility for a more widespread problem.
Nissan bought my QQ back just before Christmas after a series of faults.
Black-is-Back

Post by Black-is-Back »

Three engine rebuilds in just 18 months. That s just incredible. Never heard of anything like that before.
Interesting point made though that buyers should bring claims against the Dealer, not the manufacturer as this is who the contract is with.
Valuable piece of knowledge to have.
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

The vehicles warranty liability lies with the manufacturer that's why the dealer has to get permission from the manufacturer before carring out any work.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Nissan will never admit thete is a problem on this otherwise is either a recall, or would open the floodgates for all sorts of claims!
Hocki

Post by Hocki »

It's the same in Sweden they've never heard of that there is a problem with the Nissan Qashqai
Oct 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1,2DIG-T CVT N-Connecta White