Scary !!

The place to discuss everything else..
dafman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by dafman »

Sorry about that, it just looked that way because of damage on truck. Hope his insurance pay up quick
2014 QQ J11 pearl black 1.5dci accenta premium
2018 QQ J11B magnetic red 1.2dig-t n connecta

BugMan

Post by BugMan »

My Insurance has just phoned , the other insurance is denying responsibility , they say their driver went through a green light when the accident happened ,
CORRECT , but he also went through the give way AFTER the lights !!
nitromax

Post by nitromax »

The traffic lights has a white box coming off the filter. If the lights were green he does not have to stop but he then comes to a secondary white line with gaps which is a give way line. Not relevant if the lights were green as the lights are only there for the filter. There it's a secondary give way he had to stop as he is coming from a minor to a major road. You had the right of way as you were already on the major. Your insurance needs to chase this up.
December 2022 = J12 1.5 Tekna e-power, Gun Metal Grey, Thinkware F800 Pro, Cellink Pro.

April 2017 = J11 1.2 N-Tec + DIG-T CVT 2016, Gun Metal Grey;
January 2015 = J10 1.6 Tekna DCI, Gun Metal Grey.
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Looking at the aerial shot it looks as though the lights on the left turn lane are there for the benefit of crossing pedestrians. As everyone has said, the green light isn't a green light to ignore the give way! Make sure you use a good body shop, not just the one your insurers suggest.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Used to load 15 of these trucks a day to go in EU learn to stay well out of they way and to watch out for them...... first thing I learned when driving if your road is clear watch the side roads ...
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I have a similar junction that I turn right into every day, and I have had several near misses with people driving straight through the give way part, so much so that I just assume everyone is going to drive out these days and drive cautiously till I'm past it.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
BugMan

Post by BugMan »

Thank you all, insurance is fighting my corner and car was delivered back to me yesterday from their "recommended" garage. All this is a first for me so i went with it. Car had some unrepaired crash damage, looked like it had been resprayed in a sandstorm, shocking state of interior, big glob of glue on back door !!!!!! Karl Vella, Skemersdale, STAY WELL CLEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bugman, looks like your Insurance Co. sent you to a really Good Body Shop :oops: If you go on the Web there are a lot of good and bad comments on this Place. Hopefully if you not happy with the repair you are going to follow this up with Karl Vella & the Ins. Co. I would suggest documenting every detail incase it gets into a fight situation - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I agree with DaveBerlin. Photo all the issues and inform your insurance company asap. It is up to your insurer to get this sorted. Dont back down.
BugMan

Post by BugMan »

Cheers Guys, I have images and instructed the insurance to get my car out of Karl Vella and to a Nissan garage that I wanted it to go to in the first place , they didn't argue :)