Car Hire Tricks

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As the holiday period is approaching I thought this article I read today would be of interest. It brought back memories of when we were flying out from LHR to Berlin, Basle on a weekly basis for a couple of years. Basically these Hire Companies tried to ripe us off, but we got wise to the tricks and actually photographed all of the body defects on each car, it took time but it saved a fortune. When I rent privately at LHR they still try it on with the body damage regularly, until the photos are produced.
It appears to basically be a Selling job, whether it is an upgrade offer, insurance whatever somebody is earning a bonus. When we fly to Florida we book through the ADAC (RAC / AA) and all the coverages are included but still all the extra options are offered upgrades, petrol tank full, extras, insurances etc.... What I noticed was that for example the Foreigners who spoke little English were screwed just by signing where the crosses were and not knowing what for, now all we need is to hand a voucher in - end of story no more selling - Dave ;)
I hope this highlights some of the possible problems, but also do not forget the Safety side - Tyres, Wear & Tear, Safety Equipment etc....

http://dailym.ai/2sC61Wi
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken