Additional 3 year warranty

The place to discuss everything else..
Big Blue
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Big Blue »

Hi, this the first time I've used the forum. I have a 1.5 dci Tekna, drive about 10k miles a year. Do you think the warranty is value for money? I've been quoted £297 per year the buy this service! All replies welcome ,
Big Blue

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I wasn't aware that Nissan offered an extended warranty scheme, only a prepaid servicing package.
Gel

Post by Gel »

The servicing package is good value. Saves £'s over the 3 year period.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Can you not put a long life oil in and change oil every 2 years.... miles.... allowing. My mini diesel went 2years as my miles were 7000 per year lots of short runs computer tells you when to change .BMW service every 2yrs......... ....if your car is over 3 yrs then MOT checks all safety items...I know some people like stamps in service book
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Big Blue

Post by Big Blue »

Hi, I have received a letter from Nissan. This said if I take my car in for a health check before the old warranty expires, they will extent the Manufacturers warranty for 3years. The cost to do this is £297 per year to cover this time or 60K miles whichever comes sooner. I pay monthly for the service plan, do I need an extra warranty?
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Big,

Its like all insurances, you hedging the car wont break down. How confidant you are in your car? Should a 4 - 6 year old car break down if well looked after? For me I say no to insurances & pay if anything does goes wrong, which should be very little.

Don't forget, a lot of insurances will only cover a limited range of faults, not the whole car and not all faults, you have to read the small print carefully. Also you will find that the warranty is not held by Nissan, but a third party, check who the underwriters are.
Big Blue wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 pm Hi, I have received a letter from Nissan. This said if I take my car in for a health check before the old warranty expires, they will extent the Manufacturers warranty for 3years. The cost to do this is £297 per year to cover this time or 60K miles whichever comes sooner. I pay monthly for the service plan, do I need an extra warranty?
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Big Blue wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 pm Hi, I have received a letter from Nissan. This said if I take my car in for a health check before the old warranty expires, they will extent the Manufacturers warranty for 3years. The cost to do this is £297 per year to cover this time or 60K miles whichever comes sooner. I pay monthly for the service plan, do I need an extra warranty?
The car came with 60.000miles warranty so every part has been tested to last the miles....apart from service items regardless of time....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
urvishb

Post by urvishb »

I just purchased an used Qashqai from nissan dealer and managed to bargain the additional warranty for £250 for 1 year. So you may want to ask for a better price.
Qashqai 2014 N-Tec+, 1.2 petrol, 18inch alloys, ink blue, Pan roof
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I've just had the three-year service carried out on my car but it's not quite three years old yet having had the first year service done early as part of the buying negotiation at 8 months old (and nearly 10k miles).

The theoretical repair costs at this service were quoted to me as:

Steering column lower bush noisy - replace - £43.98
AC condensor leaking - replace - £434.62
NSR wheel corroded - replace - £305.32
Total - £783.92

They are doing them under warranty, but naturally I pointed out I would need to be taking out an extended warranty in two months time and could I have full details please.

They couldn't tell me anything! No documentation available. No prices available. They promised to send them by post. All they could say is that it's not the same as the initial three year warranty in that it doesn't cover things like interior trim, only "mechanical" bits!

https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... ranty.html advises there are two grades of warranty - Ultimate and Premium (I wonder what happened to "Ordinary" and "Basic"):

Nissan care extended warranty offers the following levels of cover, dependent on the age and mileage of your Nissan:

Ultimate

Our highest level of cover protecting the majority of factory fitted, mechanical and electrical components on your vehicle (for Nissan vehicles aged 3–7 years old, having covered no more than 75,000 miles).

Premium

Offers a comprehensive range of component cover against mechanical and electrical failure (for Nissan vehicles aged 7–10 years old, having covered no more than 100,000 miles).

I can't find much on the internet in terms of prices however - this topic suggests £399 for a fourth year. It will be interesting to see what I receive.

It's interesting that they cover up to 10 years old - at a price I presume.

Before posting I tried again to find priced and found https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... ranty.html

Nissan Care Warranty provides comprehensive extended warranty cover beyond the expiry of your standard vehicle warranty. It covers all original vehicle components* and is designed specifically for Nissan vehicles between 0-3 years old subject to age and mileage restrictions.

The product is exclusively designed for Nissan owners and backed by Nissan.

There are 4 different options to choose from to suit your motoring needs, priced from just £210:

12 months up to 60,000 miles
12 months up to 80,000 miles
24 months up to 100,000 miles
36 months up to 120,000 miles

You will also receive Pan-European Nissan Assistance cover for the duration of the Care Warranty.

Why is everything Nissan so complicated? What's the difference between that and the other one? What does "all original vehicle components" mean (there is no explanatory note)?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

It's difficult to find online quotes for warranties from others without giving personal contact details. However here's one I found which by selecting what might be equivalent to Nissan's makes Nissan's look cheap!

Capture.JPG

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)