Auto safety feature is annoying -- but don't turn it off!

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is a US Comment but I think it still applies to us :
You might get annoyed when your car beeps or buzzes at you when you're starting to drift out of your lane but, whatever you do, don't just turn those alerts off. A new study shows that the technology prevents lots of potentially serious crashes. Lane departure warning systems use an audible tone or steering wheel or seat vibrations to warn drivers when when their car is drifting out of its lane. The technology reduces sideswipe and head-on crashes that result in injuries by about 21%, according to a new study the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Just for example take a look at Drivers and especially Truck Drivers (not all) that have mobiles in their hands phoning or texting and drift across lanes. Ours is always on, yes it can get annoying but it does alert you – Dave

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/autos/l ... l?iid=Lead
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I'm with you 100% of the way here.
DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 am Here is a US Comment but I think it still applies to us :
You might get annoyed when your car beeps or buzzes at you when you're starting to drift out of your lane but, whatever you do, don't just turn those alerts off. A new study shows that the technology prevents lots of potentially serious crashes. Lane departure warning systems use an audible tone or steering wheel or seat vibrations to warn drivers when when their car is drifting out of its lane. The technology reduces sideswipe and head-on crashes that result in injuries by about 21%, according to a new study the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Just for example take a look at Drivers and especially Truck Drivers (not all) that have mobiles in their hands phoning or texting and drift across lanes. Ours is always on, yes it can get annoying but it does alert you – Dave

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/autos/l ... l?iid=Lead
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

I honestly can't understand why anyone would switch off a safety feature. I "test" my system going to/from work on empty roads just to make sure it is working, and if anything, I get worried if it doesn't beep ! Usually in heavy rain and darkness when maybe the system cannot see the road markings so clearly.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.