Electric Push

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Charging of E-Vehicles at Off Peak Times - Dave ;)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -the-world
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

At the moment this will not work because of range anxiety. When you know 1/2 charge will get you to your destination and back then it may work.

Tesla already have a solution buy storing power at home by reusing expired car batteries, its not cheap.
DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 am Charging of E-Vehicles at Off Peak Times - Dave ;)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -the-world
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

The Ball appears to be rolling Samsung are in talks for Cobalt from the Congo - Dave ;)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... from-congo
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Fancy charging up your E-Car in 10 minutes - Dave :)

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-43285885
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Dave... Heard from a dog walking friend that her husband was working sat shift at the factory spitting out diesels before the end of march .. In April new laws come in on diesel so need to make as many as they can all I can find is RDE real world figures come in on diesel engines....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not so sure on the situation in the U.K., but there has been some information in the Press this week out here. Apparently the proposed Plan is that by 2020 there will be an estimated 1 Mio E-Cars on the road here. What I was unaware of was the following :
Aldi South (there is also a North) started installing Charging Stations in 2015 and there are now 50 installed in larger cities.
The plan is now to install Quick Charging Stations in 28 Outlets situated near the German Autobahns FOC.
Several of the larger Shops / Outlets (similiar to Tesco, Sainsbury’s etc) REWE - 50 completed, Lidl - only 6, Kaufland- in 2019 100 to be installed, IKEA - 66% of 53 Outlets completed and by 2019 all completed. Are these Charging Stations happening in the U.K. ? Just out of interest 🤥 - Dave :)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Only charging points I’ve ever seen are 1 at local Nissan dealership and 2 at IKEA 12 miles away. Only time I’ve seen a car being charged was at a house near me. No driveway or off road parking, so the charging cable ran from the house through the letterbox, down a garden path, across a pavement to the vehicle. This was done overnight. Not exactly ideal or safe.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gvmdaddy, on the outskirts of Berlin I have never seen one, our Dealer has 2x on site and the other Dealer Outlet near us has also 2x with a Reserved Street Parking Space. Your comment is just what I mention to our Sales Guy, if you live in a house fine then an Outlet can be installed at a cost, but what if you live in a Multi-Story Appt. - then the Blank look comes, do you throw an extension cable out of the window ? :lol: - Dave :D
Pure RedQ

Post by Pure RedQ »

See charging points everywhere these days. Many petrol stations now have one and quite a few car parks now have spaces dedicated for cars that need charging. Holiday Inn and other hotels now have spaces for electric cars to park and charge. When I travel into Central London there are parking spaces aplenty with charging points. I was at both Gatwick and Heathrow recently and I'm sure there were spaces with charging ports there too. Local authorities that have built new civic centres or offices very often now have spaces dedicated to charging. There is at least one public car park near me in Bromley that has allocated space for cars that need charging. So there is a move to accommodate drivers of these vehicles. Sure it will only increase
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

The electric cars of the future could be recharged in 15 minutes - Dave :)

A group of companies including Germany's BMW (BMWYY), Porsche and Siemens (SIEGY) say they have developed technology that could help make super-fast charging a reality. They have unveiled a 450 kW charging station that needs only three minutes to provide enough juice for a 100 kilometer (62 miles) drive. A full charge takes 15 minutes. The technology is significantly better than what's currently available, even if there are major issues to resolve before it's put into widespread use.
450kW is substantially quicker than the Tesla superchargers (120kW) and would in principle be 10 times quicker than the rapid chargers that are currently widely available.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/business ... index.html