I'm back!

The place to discuss everything else..
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Sorry I have not been around these parts for a while - had a whole host of things go pretty horribly wrong last summer (including my job and then a fairly significant health issue), and I simply didn't have the time to keep up with internet things.

Hope everyone is keeping well? I look forward to catching up on things over the next few weeks :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome back.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Thanks Gel :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Welcome back - hope things are looking up now.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

fat controller, it's been a long time and hopefully all the negatives have been sorted out and you are back to enjoying things again. There has been a hell of a lot of Posts posted since your last envolvement, but it is good to read your name again - Welcome Back Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Thanks guys, sadly I am still not in a permanent job role, despite having been seconded into a role for nearly 18 months, and my health is pretty much shot for good now - lots of scans, lots of tests (some very unpleasant that I will spare you the gory details of, but suffice to say if you are ever offered an EMG test - refuse, it hurts - a lot!); I continue to see a neurologist, and probably will for the remainder of my life, so some things are having to change.

But, there is no point in crying about it - the only thing to do is stick my head into the wind and get on with things.

How are things with you guys?
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Hound

Post by Hound »

FC, my life revolves around cardiology and neurology too, and in August I was advised not to drive until tests were over and reviewed (about February next year). So the QQ has been rather neglected recently. Getting old sucks!
Last edited by Hound on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Blimey Hound, that ain't good. It is amazing how much time gets taken up with the various tests as well - a lot of which seem to be inconclusive. For me, blood tests and the EMG tests were negative, but two neurologists were so convinced that the tests were wrong that they put me onto a course of meds anyway - their theory being if the drugs do something, then it proves the point, if they don't then they were barking up the wrong tree; having taken them for the past few months, it appears that the neurologists were bang on the money - most notably when I forget to take a dose, as I struggle like hell within a very short space of time.

Fingers crossed that the test results fall in your favour.
1.5dci Acenta Premium

Hound

Post by Hound »

Thanks - I hope things become easier for you too!
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Thanks - it will and it won't; there is no cure for my condition, but apparently it can be managed to some degree. The slight downside is that the medication itself can make me feel pretty rotten if my body decides it is one of the days where it doesn't like it, and the nature of the beast is that I can have good days where I feel fantastic, and bad days (like today) where even making a cup of tea is a bridge too far.

Today is the first day that it has beaten me for a while though - just phoned in sick, and that is not me.
1.5dci Acenta Premium