Car Park (Rental Return) Pollution

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I thought I would mention this as it might well be of interest to members returning Rental Car‘s. If you have a Family member that has Lung or Heart Problems then the suffering comes when you return the Rental at the end of the Rental Period. We have a Family Member with Asthma / COPD (also Babies) and on returning a Car just to one Co. Hertz in Tampa, Florida there are possibly 200 Petrol / Diesel Engines running at some period on Return and when driven away, but there are other Co‘s Avis, Enterprise, Alamo etc...also under the same roof. The result is a major pollution / breathing problem.
Last year we tried a test by driving onto the shortest line (normally left) and ignored the requests to enter other lanes. Finally after explaining the problem it was agreed that we could be driven to the Terminal Drop Off at no extra cost (tip given to driver).
This year we did ask on Pick Up and was given a telephone No. which was useless so we proceeded as last year and again it worked. I have just filled in a Hertz Website Feedback Form and have made the above suggestion to implement this service as an option. What happens is anyone’s guess, but hopefully this is thought to be of some help.
When you see people suffering and trying to breath due to health problems you then realise how lucky you are - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken