Hi , took delivery of qq connecta 1.2 petrol. Face lift one.Has any one else had a problem with the emergency front brak

The place to discuss everything else..
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

PJB729 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm
AndyM wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm
PJB729 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:05 pm Such a fault would not fill me with confidence, what would happen if the brakes applied themselves when you were overtaking or on a patch of ice!!!!

Even if the dealer cannot find the fault you have to ask yourself is the car safe to drive!!!!!!

We are thinking this,I’ve emailed Nissan direct this morning,and it’s in first thing tomorrow to be checked.
Wouldn’t like that to happen on a busy motorway or an icy morning.
I think with such a new car I would be temped to leave it at the dealer until Nissan can ensure you the problem is solved, you know by postings on this forum that the brakes applying themselves is not a "one off " event.

In my estimation the problem has the potential to be a damn sight more serious than just a failed battery or Air Con Condenser and Nissan\the dealer need to resolve this issue so that the chances of the brakes randomly applying themselves is ZERO. A "we cannot find or reproduce the fault" is not an acceptable answer.

I can imagine that your confidence in the car has taken a huge downturn, I know I would be very wary of driving the car.

You should have chosen a Red one they are much safer :D I hope you get the problem sorted.
No fault found will be unacceptable, they can keep it until they prove it’s correct, we loved our red QashQai 😥
2017 N-Connecta/comfort pack 1.2 Xtronic Chestnut Bronze

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

AndyM wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:04 pm
PJB729 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:52 pm
AndyM wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:57 pm

We are thinking this,I’ve emailed Nissan direct this morning,and it’s in first thing tomorrow to be checked.
Wouldn’t like that to happen on a busy motorway or an icy morning.
I think with such a new car I would be temped to leave it at the dealer until Nissan can ensure you the problem is solved, you know by postings on this forum that the brakes applying themselves is not a "one off " event.

In my estimation the problem has the potential to be a damn sight more serious than just a failed battery or Air Con Condenser and Nissan\the dealer need to resolve this issue so that the chances of the brakes randomly applying themselves is ZERO. A "we cannot find or reproduce the fault" is not an acceptable answer.

I can imagine that your confidence in the car has taken a huge downturn, I know I would be very wary of driving the car.

You should have chosen a Red one they are much safer :D I hope you get the problem sorted.
No fault found will be unacceptable, they can keep it until they prove it’s correct, we loved our red QashQai 😥

No fault found will be unacceptable, they can keep it until they prove it’s correct

I agree, that would be my position, I don't consider, due to the nature of the fault, that the position is unreasonable.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Bolan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:47 pm The emergency front brake that stops you rolling into car in front. This as activated 4 times since delivery in september.no car in front.3 times at 8 to 10 miles HR.this morning it happened at 28mph.its very frightening when the wheels on the front lock for a few seconds.been back to Brinkley Nissan can't find fault.reset program 2 weeks ago then this Saturday morning.any one else had this problem. thanks
Hi can you confirm what gearbox you have on your car ?
We had this happen to us and out dealer has had a few cars in with this, 1 xtrail and 2 Qashqai, all xtronic gearbox.
They have said that it happened to their head tech in car and they are 99% sure it is a gearbox braking activation and have altered the settings in our system,they have not had it happen to any cars since they have altered their settings.
I’m not convinced about this and wondered if you have an auto box to rule this out.
2017 N-Connecta/comfort pack 1.2 Xtronic Chestnut Bronze
Stephen60
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Stephen60 »

Hi,
We too have an n connecta 1.2 petrol on Oct. 6th 2017. It is apparently a J11 minor change and has the flat plastic badge to the front. Less than 2 weeks later it went into an emergency brake for no reason. This was very scary. The car was taken back to the dealers who did a recalibration and given back to us. My wife of course had her confidence in the car severely knocked. After a couple of days the alarm went off again for no apparent reason and so the car went back and we started off on the road to rejection.
Long story short this was rejected on the grounds it could not be replicated, my wife’s driving suggested as perhaps a cause. She has driven for nearly 40 years with no issues by the way!
We decided to purchase a dashcam to show proof. What this did was highlight that it only goes off when approaching right hand bends. This information was sent to Nissan who say the car is more sensitive to the previous J11 and it is doing what it should detecting metal objects, parked cars metal posts etc. No explanation for right hand bends and we were under the impression it was a safety feature not a metal detector! Dealer says nothing can be done until a repair becomes available. Welcome to the world of beta testing!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I don't have the facelift Qashqai but do have a more comprehensive system fitted to a Volvo. This sometimes pulses the brake and sounds an alarm, plus it throws a big red warning in front of the bonnet about a foot above [head up display].
The first few times it did this it was disconcerting but one soon gets used to it. It tends, on local roads, to throw these alarms at the same few places, but it can travel a thousand miles or more with no false alarm. It can do this at any speed. In one particular place it does it, but only sometimes, there's a dip in the road with a couple of manholes.
I've come to the conclusion that its better to have the occasional false positive where it starts to react but thinks the better of it, than for the system not to work when actually needed. It certainly stopped me sooner than I would have myself when a car stopped in front of me to turn right without indicating. It was very effective and from a greater distance than I would have thought. This is the only time it has really been tested in 13,000 miles and it did great.

I know its not a Qashqai system, but thought it would interest people with a similar system who are concerned with false alarms.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

This issue was around on the pre-face lift J11 where the emergancy braking was set off due to the system picking up objects with reflective surfaces and a sofware patch was applied.

It happened to me once, software fix applied and the problem never reoccured during my ownership. I have not had a false positive with the pulsar either so my guess is, something has changed with the system in the face lift which has made this issure return!
Stephen60
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Stephen60 »

Thanks for that info splank, hopefully they’ll sort this out soon as having experienced scary braking it makes us nervous not knowing if it will do it again as occasionally it goes into the second more alarming warning.
Just to add insult to injury the car started jumping out of reverse gear and is going in for a new gearbox! All within 3 months and under 2000 miles on the clock 😥