U.K. Weather

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I keep reading about these severe weather conditions in the U.K., how are things going hopefully well and are the QQ‘s handling well - Summer or Winter Tyres !. This is very unusual as we here this year have had mild weather, it is now -11C and sunshine, this year very little snow - Dave :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43251824
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

fbgqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by fbgqashqai »

Been driving 50 mile round trip to work over the last few days. Admittedly weather in my part of the country hasn't been the worst but the QQ has coped well with the exception of losing the radar warning system, for some reason it won't work through half an inch of built up ice lol!

I hired a lwb Ford Transit to deliver a 3 piece suite for my daughter last night. Roads when we left were ok but awful at the destination. I had to negotiate a few hilly side streets and struggled and eventually got stuck behind a Mitsubishi SUV. I drove around him on the pavement but then got stuck in a grid! I don't think many SUVs on summer tyres will cope well with the conditions we have at present, its down to sensible driving, allowing adequate space and slowing down using the engine not the brakes wherever possible.

I have had skid pan training through work with rear wheel drive vehicles in the past so I feel pretty confident with fwd and taking it easy. Hopefully the weather will break next week and we won't have a big freeze again like in 1963!
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:12 am I keep reading about these severe weather conditions in the U.K., how are things going hopefully well and are the QQ‘s handling well - Summer or Winter Tyres !. This is very unusual as we here this year have had mild weather, it is now -11C and sunshine, this year very little snow - Dave :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43251824
Dave the weather has been bad up here Nissan had problems with lorry's to get parts in also staff unable to get to work as A19 road blocked. .... all buses taken off the road schools closed and my grandsons nursery closed so I have him all day..... car been out this morning 1 st time. since Monday...... still now retired and don't have deal with loading 12 tir lorry's per day..of paint... Don't know how I had time for work.....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Gel

Post by Gel »

Main problem around here is snow drifts off fields making some stretches of rural roads single track; this can present issues when you meet something coming!
Left QQ at home as wife's ancient X Type has all wheel drive (AWD), and very proficient it's been in this weather. :shock:

snow.JPG

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Driven mine today as have been ill all week and the winter tyres were spot on I drive with caution but never once felt the QQ struggle or need pull off in higher gears. Saw a few other cars struggling but will keep the winter tyre setup as it saves on winter tyre wear and keeps me on the road with hopefully little incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

Oh well back to UK normal weather, snow melting and raining. Summer tyres cutting it again lol
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver