Woman killed by self-driving Uber!

The place to discuss everything else..
tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

The full detailsarenot yet known, but this opens the question again about the ethics and responsibility of self-driving cars. Firstly, how is this able to happen with this super-smart wonder-technology? And secondly (assuming the Vehicle was at fault, which it must have been to be in collision in the first place), who is responsible? The manufacturer, the operator or the passenger/driver who should have been in a 'supervisting/control" role!

Self-driving is only as good as its surrundings. As long as there are other non-self-driving vehicles, as well as pedestrians and animals are also in the mix, self-driving vehicles will never be a safe option. But even worse is the legal swamp that is going to result in these kind of incidents.

I'm not anti-technology, and I also give electric vehicles a good bashing as well. I prefer to see the world in a realistic and pragmatic way. I just don't see how the world is ready for this kind of situation. Where driven and driverless cars can live in harmony together with all the other day to day road hazards. There are too many variables involved.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... zona-tempe
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........