Carbon Monoxide - Keyless Cars

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I read a similar article basically the same in the US Press this week and nearly posted it, but now it has raised it‘s head in the UK so just thought it might be worth a read - Dave :)

https://dailym.ai/2IklmHC
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If I recall correctly, the QQ gives an audible warning if you exit the vehicle and it won’t let you lock the car. I’ll have to give it a try later to see if anything else happens if the car is static for longer.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I suppose some people wont lock their car when it goes into the Garage as they think the garage door is secure, i'm guilty of this so there would be no warning. I have also got out of my QQ (does not fit in my garage) and tried to lock the car with the ignition on (the auto start/stop turned the engine off) pressed the lock button & the car has beeped at me.

Maybe it would not hurt for garages to be fitted with a carbon monoxide alarm. Pennies to save a life.
gvmdaddy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:55 am If I recall correctly, the QQ gives an audible warning if you exit the vehicle and it won’t let you lock the car. I’ll have to give it a try later to see if anything else happens if the car is static for longer.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Fri May 18, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, could not agree with you more, these CM alarms are so cheap at around €10 upwards they definitely seem to be a worthwhile buy. We installed Fire Alarms for example in our place here that is as yet in Berlin not a requirement by Law, but they make sense for a small outlay and when I cook they sense the burning and work :lol: . Life is more important - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Just checked to see how the QQ operates in such a circumstance. Nothing to worry about, it behaves perfectly.
Park up and the engine stop/start cuts the ignition. Put the handbrake on, or not, as it makes no difference. Open the drivers door and there’s an audible warning. Close the door and there’s a louder higher pitched audible warning. Try to lock the car and there’s a third audible warning, louder and quite rapid. It leaves you in no doubt that the ignition is still on and the car cannot be locked. Leave the vehicle and the electrics shut down completely after 15 minutes. At this point the car can be locked. During this 15 minutes the stop/start does not attempt to start the engine at all. The only way I can see the engine restarting is if you exit the vehicle and leave the keys inside it. I may try it this evening and report back.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gvmdaddy, Great ! Thanks for doing the Test / Good information and Feed Back for All - Dave :)