Mercedes Diesel Scandal

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

There is something new virtually every day now the Audi Boss Rupert Stadler has been arrested. The question now is whether only these Manufacturers will or have been investigated - Dave ;)

https://news.sky.com/story/audi-boss-ru ... e-11408507
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

nick99

Post by nick99 »

2017 J11B Tekna+ 1.2 petrol
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nick, did you see this article from 2017, this had to come to the Renault / Nissan Alliance at some time -Dave :)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ta-reveals
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nick, here is the Nissan comment on the problem - Dave :)

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/rele ... 80709-03-e
nick99

Post by nick99 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:17 pm Nick, here is the Nissan comment on the problem - Dave :)

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/rele ... 80709-03-e
Thanks for that Dave.
Item 2 is quite an admission for a multi national company to make.
2017 J11B Tekna+ 1.2 petrol
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Ive had a couple of interesting conversations today.

1. Whilst out shopping someone asked if my car was "the new qashqai?" I replied yes and that it was a lovely car to own. His reply concerned me a little. "I had one of those on order, to pick up in September, but i got a call from my dealer today, telling me that i can't have it any more. Apparently its no longer legal." From what I understand he'd ordered a petrol engined car.

2. I called another dealer than my own, playing dumb and asking if this was true as i was thinking of ordering one myself, and how concerning this news was. His repose was that "due to rule changes by the government, all of the petrol engine versions ave been 'struck-off' (his phrase)". I asked if this applies to the diesels too (as they should already comply with the latest ''euro6') and was told that those should be fine.

Just wondering is this further fall out from the diesel scandal, now effecting petrol engines too, or is this something else. Does anyone know any more to this story.

One thing the dealer did point out was that there is currently a very long delivery time for qq at the moment. He quoted a top of the range qq, in a non-popular colour as being February '19 at the earliest. Is all this scandal having an effect on production, or is this a Brexit issue?
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tophat57, you obviously did not read this post 😁 All of what you have mentioned from what I have heard and seen is correct. The reason as stated is the new EU Law which comes into effect on Sept 1 and in the case of the petrol no more 1,2 or 1,6L due to emission problems and there will Yes be a newly developed 1,3L with a Particle Filter to meet the new Test Procedures in the Lab & on the Road with Euro 6d Temp.
It also affects Nissan Diesels no 1,6L anymore only a 1,5L and a new 1,75L and no CVT Auto Gearbox.

Please take a look at my post below, I am preparing the info on the Electronics update - Dave 😊

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6747#p57454
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

If you want to be confused even more

https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/taxation ... nd-6d-temp
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Dave, thanks for that, but yes i have been reading the thread. My point was more towards the fact that there seems to have been a total shutdown of the ordering system, to the point that even existing orders are being cancelled with customers. Customers who seem to be being left in a whole heap of the proverbial, presumably wondering when they will be getting their deposit money back or what options are goint to be offered as an alternative to those who've had their orders / deliveries cancelled.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tophat57, sorry thought you might have missed the post. I believe production of existing models was stopped in June but I thought that ordering was then opened up for new models but with long long deliveries (remember these are German facts) normally much later than in the U.K. - Dave ☹️

Planned Sale Launch : 1,3L Oct / 1,5DCi Aug / 1,75 DCi Jan19 Manual just as an example
I suppose you can understand the logic from Nissan. They cannot keep manufacturing models that have an emission problem as customers (if they are informed ?) obviously would not buy them as they do not meet the new Spec / Law. Then there will be new vehicles parked up everywhere of which are no use.
When you think of the Logistics of shutting down Models to implement new, this must be a major problem not only for Nissan but also its suppliers. It is not only Nissan that is involved but All manufacturers. I would believe everybody is in the same Boat.