Petrol engine delays.

The place to discuss everything else..
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Some of you may recall me asking for opinions on the new Micra as I’m looking to get one for my daughter.
I took the plunge and placed an order with a broker via Civil Service Motoring Authority. A few days later, after paying a deposit, I got word back from the broker saying the dealership they use cannot place an order for the car I want. I’m looking at a Micra Tekna Petrol variant with extras. The dealership said I could only have a lower spec Accenta but in diesel. They have nearly a dozen in stock ready to go.
I’ve contacted Nissan directly by email asking them to clarify what the issue is, if indeed there is a problem.
I have just received the following response.

‘Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding the availability of New Nissan Micras throughout the UK and apologies that it has taken so long t get a reply to your query.

As promised I contacted the Nissan Micra technical team on your behalf and this is the reply I have received:

“Yes there is a shortage of stock for the moment, this s mainly due to a change in engine regulations coming into effect later this year which is affecting manufacturing. All Nissan Dealerships are fully aware of what stock is available and that Nissan dealers are best to speak to regarding orders. The dealers are kept up to date just as we are in terms of lead times and what can be ordered.”

We fully appreciate this may not be what you were hoping to hear but regrettably until the new petrol engines are approved by the authorities they cannot be released for sales, please be aware that all Nissan vehicles are effected by this issue.

If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provided below.

Yours sincerely,

John

Customer Services
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited
Opening Hours Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 20:00, Sat: 08:00 to 14:00
Telephone: 0330 123 1231
E-mail: gb@nissan-services.eu
Web: www.nissan.co.uk

I’m mildly frustrated to say the least. The car has only recently been launched here in the U.K. and if it’s petrol you want, then Nissan have no idea when or if they will become available.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gvmdaddy, I think that recently some comments were made on this subject. From what I found we were looking for the QQ J11B (but no Hands Free) and for example I believe the new ProPILOT version has only Diesel Options. The Petrol problem is I believe related to the new Emission Specs and from what I know there is the new 1,3L Mercedes / Renault / Nissan Motor which has been developed because of the severe pollution problems with the 1,2L DIG which we have. I hope this helps but it looks like there is going to be a Big Back Log from many manufacturers - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Is it just the 1.2 petrol engines affected, not 1.6's??
What emissions exactly CO2 /NOX :?:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Regarding the Micra it’s the 1litre engines.