News - New / Updated QQ - Part 2

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The Technology has really advanced since the introduction of the QQ in 14. The Tekna for example had all the “Bells & Whistles”. Now when you read about or see the New SUV`s Ads all of what was included on the QQ is now available everywhere and to me it does not make sense for Nissan just to hang around because they will miss the Market.
I first picked up on some information regarding the Updated QQ J11B and its relevant upgrades on a German Website, early this year, where a question was asked regarding the QQ Engine Changes (already posted on)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6747&p=57541&hilit ... +QQ#p57454
& when also the IVI Infotainment System Update would be seen. The quoted dates given were end of 2018 / beginning of 2019.
The following information is basically an update for your interest and I hope it meets your needs - Dave ;)

As promised this is what I have picked up and here are some facts on the Updated QQ (J11B) regarding the Electronics Side & a New Interface A-IVI (Alliance In-Vehicle Infotainment System) :

A**. - Acenta Spec upwards :
7” Display – DAB + / USB Interface – Apple CarPlay & Android Auto-Speech Recognition (Audio, Smartphone / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth).

**Some of these functions above I believe already exist !

1. If your Nissan is equipped with voice recognition technology, you can use simple voice commands to control your phone, navigation (if equipped) and entertainment systems. You can do it all while staying focused on what matters most - driving.
Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls : Activate Nissan's voice recognition using the talk button on your steering wheel.
Command Prompts : Follow the prompts for hands-free control of your vehicle's navigation, phone, audio systems and more.

2. With the Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, voice-recognition allows you to make and receive calls even when your compatible cell phone is buried in a bag or in the trunk. No headset, no reaching—just a nice firm grip on the steering wheel.
Steering Wheel-Mounted Controls : Accepting a call is as simple as hitting a button on your steering wheel. The system even mutes your music automatically. Hang up, and you've got your audio back.
Voice Commands : Thanks to a built-in microphone and Nissan's voice-recognition technology, you can operate Bluetooth® with simple voice commands. For example, to dial out, say "Call"—along with the name of one of your phone book contacts—or "Dial Number", followed by your contact's digits.
Ring Tones : Choose between a variety of ring tones for your vehicle's Bluetooth® phone system.

B. Options for the Nissan Connect - N-Connecta upwards :

Speech Recognition for Navi Function / 3D Card / Live Traffic Info’ / On-Line POI Search / Cost Free Updates for Card Material for 5 Years / Tom Tom Services

The comments above (1. / 2.) are just examples snatched from the US Rogue & UK Webs just to try to give a better understanding of what the functions are likely to be.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

From Nissan USA:

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, Thanks ! I had prepared all this stuff on my iPad and but then completed the post on my PC and for some reason the attachments would not open up “Error”. These are some of what I had on the iPad and I thought it was important to inform, I hope these help - Dave 🤣

6322634B-C09D-419D-9F89-D01B34FEB749.jpeg

E3686330-4578-4651-80C7-00A81ADCE413.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

That head unit looks different to the current one? If this is the case anyone who has just bought your QQ take a look at what your not getting until you buy a new car. For anyone else, I guess you don't buy a QQ until this updated info system is fitted to the car your interested in.

I may be wrong as I dont have the current model car.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Daewar, as I have mentioned the attachments have been snatched from the US Rogue (not a QQ) just as an example to keep members informed. I have not mentioned this is what will come, but it could be similar as this design already exists, but from Japan.
I believe this was mentioned in another post that if an Updated QQ which includes the engine changes is in the Planning you DO NOT buy, especially regarding the New Laws for Emissions. Obviously Dealers could be trying to offload old stock at Discount Prices this is what needs to be watched as the New QQ will have at present Long Lead Times - Dave 😲
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are just a few more facts to look over, but again from the Nissan Rogue USA FYI - Dave :roll:

B6A8D7F1-B58C-48E7-8C2D-C50322C83D1F.jpeg

3B0713F9-54B8-4A88-993F-CB61AEB0B471.jpeg

ABC1945F-D9B4-42E5-95F9-9EC4F2C417DD.jpeg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

It does appear that what I stated is coming. I asked a Dealer this week that I was interested in buying a new QQ (J11B) and was offered one that was in the Showroom or Parking Lot. When I mentioned I wanted the updated model it got confusing. I said I did not want one without “Hands Free” which was not understood at first (got a bit heated), but in the end it was agreed it was not there but Bluetooth was on the existing but on the updated model will have voice recognition.
When I mentioned I was interested in ordering a new 1,3 engine (140 or 160 Ps) with a new Renault DCT Double Clutch Gearbox eyes were raised, but then the discussion opened up and they were aware I knew the facts. I then asked for the Specs or a Brochure and a Test Drive, but both were not available at present. I was told we could sit together on a PC and put a Spec together and make an order with a Delivery for December. So it appears there is an option to order without having the Spec in your hand or actually Test Driving one - Dave :)
tophat57

Post by tophat57 »

Dave, as always a very useful and concise post explaining the situation.

A question though, based on the US Rogue model of the QQ having the new features installed, all be it with a different looking head unit, would it be possible to reinstate these features together with the Apple / Android additions to a UK / EU spec J11B vehicle wifh a software update? Perhaps by using the US version of the software.

After all the buttons are already there on the stearing wheel, and do work to receive calls, together with the in built microphone in the car. It seems we have everything we need already, the only question mark seems to be the compatability of the head unit.
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tophat57, now you are into a very technical subject of what the differences are between the QQ & Rogue (built in Japan) Head Units and personally I do not know. If Duncho reads this he might be able to help or send him a pm - Electronics is his game.
At our Dealership here I normally speak with the Programmer if I have questions on Electronics and then set up a meeting it might be worth a try or even ask your Dealer. The normal problem is if you need Nissan OEM parts installed it works but any modifications normally there is no interest - Non Std & Guarantee Issues Dave :D