Keyless Protector

The place to discuss everything else..
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Nissan Response to Ask a Question about an hour later: (not unexpected of course....and we got our tackle out?)

Head Bang Pt 1:

"Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding the safety of your vehicle.

We are aware of this type of attack and are fully committed and constantly working to protect our customers to tackle the ever changing security requirements. For obvious confidentiality reasons and due to the constant evolution of the methods used by vehicle thieves, we will not share further details on the solutions we are working on or planning to implement.

If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details provided below".

Yours sincerely,
Andrew

Customer Services
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited
Opening hours: Mon – Fri 08:00 – 20:00, Sat 08:00 – 14:00
Tel: 0330 123 1231
Email: gb@nissan-services.eu
Web: www.nissan.co.uk
Last edited by calnorth on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

duncho

Post by duncho »

calnorth wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:29 am For obvious confidentiality reasons and due to the constant evolution of the methods used by vehicle thieves, we will not share further details on the solutions we are working on or planning to implement.
Ok, reply them when can you expect this security fix to happen.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

They likely think I'm a thief duncho. Thats what they'll say anyway.

My next course of action would be to have a word with my MP (government). All other vehicle organisations are simply...[add words as required]

Someone in Parliament/Lords has been rattling on about the car security issue but from what I remember thats future requirements

Anyway, I responded to Andrew with:

"I wasn’t after details actually as I knew that wouldn’t be in your or my interests. How about a date for positive action on affected Nissan cars"

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta