QQ / Rogue Qi Wireless Charger

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just some Information which might be of interest to follow up on, but I suppose really just an idea. I know there are different Versions available for the Dashboard, Air Vents etc - Dave :)

After purchasing a couple of new Apple iPhone X`s and then a couple of Qi Wireless Charging Pads from Amazon & Lidl, I was so impressed how convenient these Wireless Chargers were that they even function through the Outer Case Protection – Lay on and Charge !. I then thought (it is No Must as we have all the Sockets and Plugs in our QQ) it would be nice when travelling just to lay the mobile on a Charging Pad in the QQ. I looked around and found one available for the Rogue Sport (US) which looks the part but there was a note regarding it cannot be used with an Electronic Parking Brake on one of the Nissan Ads which is a shame and would need clearing up. Perhaps one will appear later for the QQ. :(

European Qashqai Area (with Auto Brake) :

IMG_5333.jpg

The Part I found was for the US Rogue Sport #999F7V4200. A Wireless Smartphone Charging Kit to Power your Phone while on the move with the Wireless Smartphone Charger . Some Accessories may require installation, which is not included in the Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) $250.

This is what it looks like :

IMG_5337.jpg

No Auto Brake :

IMG_5323 - Kopie.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

$250 ??!!!?!?!?!!!!!?

(I know VW charges £380 for it in a T-Roc!)

I bought a cheap one...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
trout

Post by trout »

That’s crazy money Dave, I looked at the Seat Arona and that had a built in charger.
Nice idea but I’ll just plug in the cable for now.
S.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I did look around before for a iphone Qi Charger that could be installed in the space near the Gear Lever on our previous QQ , but all that was available was one for the X-Trail @ $250 – see above the old post comments.
I have now found this one, purchased it (€49) then installed this VANMASS Qi Wireless Charger Car Mobile Phone Holder / Charging Station with 2x Electronic Motor Operated Clips. Just place your Phone in it and a pressure sensored clamp arm will automatically close to hold it. To release it you press the buttons on both sides and the clamps will automatically open. It is a 15W fast Wireless Charger for all Qi smart phones ours is an iphone X and it is 360° fully adjustable with a Rotating Ball Head. The material is silicon which helps to protect the phone cas, but ours has already a silicon protection case and there is also no problem with charging the phone through this case.
It does now mean that the iphone is positioned in view and the connector / wiring is retained at the front with connector and is not laying around externally or hidden inside the Armrest with the wiring exiting the Box. Some may like it some not but at present it functions well I am happy with it - Dave ;)

IMG_6734 - Kopie.jpg

IMG_6733 - Kopie.jpg

IMG_9250.jpg

IMG_6721.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
RiveriaMan

Post by RiveriaMan »

For the adventurous you could always make your own QI Wireless charging mat with one of these

301D631B-1004-4608-B16E-DA2898A92808.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIY-3-coils-Qi-wireless-charger-PCBA-circuit-board-5V-2A-Qi-wireless-chargiRDUK/254423564611?hash=item3b3cd38143:g:JC8AAOSwTfBcpedl

Approx £5.00-£6.00 depending on who you buy from.

Take power from back of aux power supply to a micro usb.

(Will also need a 12v to 5v power supply adapter with a micro usb lead connection again available from eBay for approx £6 like this one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Converter-Module-12V-to-5V-Micro-USB-Output-Power-Adapter-3A-15W-Car-Charger/323980675612?epid=25034141803&hash=item4b6ec0ca1c:g:~zsAAOSwMA1ctdQ3 )

The main problem With the QQ with electronic brake is a lack of flat space large enough to lay a phone flat.

The only place is the top part of the centre console so could be stuck under there and then phone placed in here to charge.
Qashqai J11 2017 1.5 dci N-Connecta - Upgraded Horn - Upgraded Boot Lights - Bonnet Gas Struts - Hard Wired Dash Cam (Front/Rear) Dynamic Turn Indicators (Front/Mirror), Twin Exhaust Muffler, LED Interior, Reverse, Glove Box, Footwell, Puddle Lights.