New Upgrades - Nissan Qashqai Tekna + with Pro-Pilot

The place to discuss everything else..
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I'd be surprised if the bumpers are integrally coloured. Colour matching would be a big issue.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

PJB729, from what I know these parts are Body Colored or Sprayed, a molded through colored part would be expensive. I would believe this part will be attached to the QQ in its Primed state and then stuck through the Spraying Mc. with the Body. The Side Strip on our QQ were also Primered Grey and then sprayed White to match - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

DaveBerlin

I suppose the underside of the front of the QQ is bound to pick up the odd stone chip but that's the same in nearly all cars.

I still haven't managed to pick up the courage to try the self parking I wonder if Pro-Pilot is also a step too far for me :lol:
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a Tip, you have paid good money for your QQ which includes a Guarantee, Service, Assistance etc... when we bought our QQ we had an hour Dealer “Training” on the aspects of the QQ including the Self Parking. We got taken to a quite Side street and a Parking Area and played around Parking between a couple of cars just to get confidence on the system, ask your Dealers Sales person for guidance - Dave 😏
How often you use it is related to the annoyance of the cars waiting behind you giving you the Horn, Hand Signs and Verbals ! 😡
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

When you use the cameras parallel parking is quick and easy, if car manufacturers want to introduce some really attractive technology why don’t they get the car to make a nice cup of tea😂

The sales guy did offer to show me the parking assistance but it’s not something that I was really ever interested in using. I might have a go the the Pro pilot though.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Has anyone taken delivery of a Tekna+ with Propilot and Sports Pack yet or seen them at a dealer in the flesh? We've got an order in for a Gun Metallic one but I prefer Vivid Blue and my wife, who is notorious for her indecision, is warming to the blue (aka best colour). It would help to see some pics, see which colour works best with the facelift cosmetics. I've seen red, white and the blue pics on here but no black or grey. We don't want to make a £24k mistake! Thanks, Keith.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Keith, we are in the same boat. We have held our order on the same QQ model here in Germany until we have seen it and have the final Specs, here it is supposedly called the “Dynamic Pack”. The wife has also picked Gun Metallic.
Our QQ goes in on Monday for its Service & TÜV (MOT) and I have requested a Demo QQ (obviously not the Sport latest) with the 1,3L 160ps / DCT Box to give it a Longer Test Drive. I have called / emailed NCS (they know nothing or are not giving it out) / written to Sunderland Product Mgrs (no response) so it looks like Nissan Customers have to be patient 😤 - Dave 😉
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Thanks Dave, we ordered blue on 12/06 then changed it to grey on 17/06 after my wife sulked for a few days, with an 07/09 delivery date. My other dilemna is engines. We are definitely getting the DCT auto. We have driven pre-facelift demos with the DCT box with the 1.3 160 ps petrol and the 1.5 dci. Both were great, petrol obviously quicker but real world 40 mpg average vs diesel torque which I like and it feels lazier with auto box, nippy enough and nearer 60mpg average. We will be doing 12,000+ p.a. retirement leisure miles, we already have the 1.5 dci in our 2014 Tekna and it's been great. It's definitely 1st world problems and I have no qualms ordering a car I have never seen in the flesh because the cosmetic changes, wind alloys and Propilot are a convincing upgrade, my problem is purely about the cosmetics of colour. All five colours look great. I feel blue is the standout, signature colour, my favourite and my wife is warming to it. Don't fancy white though it looks nice in videos on here, red likewise, stunning in videos but lots of red Jukes spoil it for me. Current Qq is black, fancy a change. Grey will look smart but SO many grey cars about, grey is getting boring and just doesn't have the presence or wow factor of Vivid Blue. I have new cars paint corrected by a detailer and ceramic coated. Blue or grey would look great but I just know after cleaning the car which colour I will stand back and appreciate more and which car I will look back at more after parking it in a car park on a sunny day. Sure dealer is getting sick of us by now, but he stays friendly in emails!
Nick suffolk

Post by Nick suffolk »

Hi All
My Tekna + has arrived at the dealer compound and I am picking it up next sat. It has the sports pack and I was able to have the Tekna wheels rather than the wind which I am not a big fan of.
Will get some pics up next sat 20th July
Nick
J11b 2019 Qashqai 1.3dig-T 160 Tekna + Sports Pack in Vivid Blue led interior lights , Vivid blue Callipers, Sports pedals :D :D
Previously J 11a tekna 1.6 ink blue 2016 chrome pack and led interior lights
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Brilliant, thanks Nick, please make sure you post plenty of pics!