New Upgrades - Nissan Qashqai Tekna + with Pro-Pilot

The place to discuss everything else..
Dr-RS
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Dr-RS »

Great find Nick! They are excellent pics and offer a detailed look at what we are buying. I’m sure anyone like DaveBerlin waiting to push the button will be confident to place an order now. I know you prefer the Tekna alloys but I think the Wind alloys really work and set the car apart from the previous Tekna+. Shame Nissan have been so slow to update their website seeing as the facelift has been on public display since March. They are advertising Propilot on tv a lot at the moment but it’s a new ad with an old car, more lazy marketing.

Blue looks amazing and is still my favourite colour. You must be excited for tomorrow. I just hope the grey comes a close second and my wife likes it when it arrives. I’m sure it will look great after a detail and ceramic coating.

Nick suffolk

Post by Nick suffolk »

Thanks Dr-rs
Yes can’t wait for sat!, 😀
I think wind wheels will look amazing with the grey. My car is booked in for ceramic coating in August and also having the brake callipers colour coded so yet another nice addition roll on 12th August for next mod lol
J11b 2019 Qashqai 1.3dig-T 160 Tekna + Sports Pack in Vivid Blue led interior lights , Vivid blue Callipers, Sports pedals :D :D
Previously J 11a tekna 1.6 ink blue 2016 chrome pack and led interior lights
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Morning Nick, Interesting you should say Wind alloys will look good with grey. I still don’t understand my wife’s initial aversion to blue, especially now she says she marginally prefers it to grey! She is very indecisive but her initial reasoning was she hated the Tekna wheels (I still love them) but she thought the only way she could tolerate them would be on a grey car because they “stand out less”. I agree with you about Wind alloys looking good with grey, I’m hoping to see pics of a grey car with Wind alloys looking nearly as good as blue before we take delivery. We will probably keep it a few years and grey seems to be remaining popular so it’s a safe choice. It’s my wife’s car anyway and I’ve no right to be selfish, trouble is I’ve already got a grey car! After seeing your Dutch pics I’m convinced blue suits the facelift best though. What colour are you having your callipers painted? Hadn’t thought of that, my type of car is modded a lot, never thought of a Qq as a car to mod. It would have to be red calipers with grey, like a poor man’s SQ5!
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Dr-RS wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 pm I reckon Gun Metallic is going to need a quality correction and ceramic coating to look as good as that.
Don't knock it until you've tried it, you'll be amazed at how much better your brand new car looks once its been done.

The guys who did mine do loads of brand new car details, give it a go, you won't regret it.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Nick, well I fell on the floor this morning after seeing these excellent website pics. I missed all the excitement last night as it was the Wife’s birthday. I got your information this morning and have sent you a couple of replies. Thanks again for your efforts I think what you have posted will answer a lot of unanswered questions. As Dr-RS has mentioned the Grey Wind Wheels look far better than I expected from the Dutch Photos.
Nick, do me a favour reference the Brake Calipers can you let me or us know if the Calipers are removed and painted or just tapped up and sprayed as I have this on my list at the Dealers, but I want it done correctly. We had discussed this with our Dealer for our Juke Tekna but never got around to doing it. 😉

As you can see it runs in the Family - Brothers Audi : 😋

2F3261F9-F0EE-4F73-BC71-F6EC274696B5.jpeg

Again what surprises me is the fact that Forum members seem to put together more detailed information than the Nissan Co. - do they have something to learn here !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Nick suffolk

Post by Nick suffolk »

Hi All
My dealer won’t be doing my brake callipers as they only offered to paint on car.
The firm doing by ceramic coating in August are painting them and will remove from car to spray!
Will put pics on when they are done mid August
Thanks
Nick
J11b 2019 Qashqai 1.3dig-T 160 Tekna + Sports Pack in Vivid Blue led interior lights , Vivid blue Callipers, Sports pedals :D :D
Previously J 11a tekna 1.6 ink blue 2016 chrome pack and led interior lights
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Weasel wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:21 am
Dr-RS wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:48 pm I reckon Gun Metallic is going to need a quality correction and ceramic coating to look as good as that.
Don't knock it until you've tried it, you'll be amazed at how much better your brand new car looks once its been done.

The guys who did mine do loads of brand new car details, give it a go, you won't regret it.
Not knocking it Weasel, this will be the third new car in a row for new car paint correction, detail and ceramic coating inside and out. First time was 2016 when my idiot neighbour sanded his masonry when we were on holiday. Came home to a black Qashqai with white spots. Masonry paint had lead in it. After multiple stages of correction it came out the detailers better than new and still looks great today. Gtechnic Black but might go Gyeon this time. Check out Deep Impact Detailing for some of Aaron’s work.

All I was saying was it would take all of a detailers skills to get the grey looking as good as the blue. Would have it done on any new car. Most come out the factory with plenty of defects and Nissan paint is thinner and softer than many more premium brands so needs a little correction and protection.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Sorry fella...think I misunderstood your post, which I'll put down to not having my first coffee of the day at the time of posting my comments.

You are so right in all you say regarding Nissan paint, it is incredibly soft and marrs at the lightest touch.

I'm sure your detailer will do an excellent job, which coating are you going for?

I went for Gyeon Mohs + Duraflex ( pictures on the detailing thread ) which I'm really pleased with.

Post some shots once you have the new QQ and the paints been sorted.
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

No worries Weasel, nice to meet a fellow oil burner, not many of us 🦕 🦖 left!

The two best local places are Deep Impact Detailing and Flawless Detailing. Both are Gyeon Duraflex authorised so I think I’ll get that.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Don't think you can go far wrong with the Gyeon, mine looks amazing and the water behaviour is excellent, with some quality beading.