New Upgrades - Nissan Qashqai Tekna + with Pro-Pilot

The place to discuss everything else..
Rv8
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Rv8 »

I think the Wind alloys are a FOC option on the Tekna + only.

I bought the Ibiscus alloys separately, as I didn’t like the standard Tekna wheels and the dealer wanted silly money.
They have agreed to change them over for us when the car gets delivered.

Anyone looking for four brand new 19” Tekna wheels!

Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

That’s good Dave. I was just wondering whether RV was given the option of free Ibiscus instead of Wind. That’s the least he deserves to compensate for the order error. Ibiscus alloys would be very rare, £1250 option.
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

@RV8, I would be interested in your alloys, I would like a set for winter wheels. Can we pm please? Dare I ask how much you got the Ibiscus alloys for? Did price include TPMS? My sister is a parts manager at Nissan, I’m with her now pricing things up.
Rv8

Post by Rv8 »

Hi Dr-RS, yes I will be selling the standard wheels once I get the car (provided my Wife likes the look of the Ibiscus ones once they’re fitted of course!)

A quick search shows that the TPMS valves may be able to be refitted anyway, if not they’re only around £20 for four from what I have seen. I’ll ask the dealer.
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

New TPMS are £80 + VAT each 😬.
Where roughly are you based Rv?
Rv8

Post by Rv8 »

Ouch! Let’s hope they can be swapped over then.
I’m in Hertfordshire.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dr-RS, Keith the Tekna Alloys for the Winter would be a nice option on the new one. Please take a look at this attachment which might help you to understand the problem. We have the 19” Alloys Tekna Alloys for the Summer & 16” Steelies (not pretty but functional) for the winter and we most probably get more winter here than the UK. We also had downsized Wheels on the Juke Tekna. Keith do not let me change your mind it is just worth a read - Dave 😉
I have just received a quotation from our Dealer which includes Non-Std 17” Alloys (winter treated) with Tires and TPMS Valves as an example.

“A smaller and narrower tire with a higher profile has better traction in deep snow and slush and is much less likely to aquaplane on the ice and in the rain. Furthermore, the smaller tire cuts through snow more effectively because the weight of the car is pressing on a more focused set of contact patches”.

Why You Should Downsize Your Winter Wheels :
https://www.liveabout.com/why-downsize-your-winter-wheels-3234481
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Thanks for this Dave. I found similar articles when researching prior to buying winter wheels for my RS. Ford recommend 18” for snow chain clearance but as you say we don’t get that extreme weather over here and if it was that bad I needed chains I wouldn’t be going out. For the RS I was lucky to find a set of immaculate 19” OEM wheels for a bargain price which made the decision for me. For what I need with 19” Conti TS 860’s they were brilliant. Ideally I would like a set of OEM 18” Qq wheels for the old Qq. A set of Michelin Cross Climate + would be perfect for my son’s next set of tyres, he has them on his current car. Performance is almost as good as the best summer and winter tyres combined. With the right sized wheels I wouldn’t buy anything else on a non-performance car. I’m not bothered about winters for the new Qq, if my wife needs to go out in the bleak mid-winter she can take the RS!
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Unexpected phone call from the detailer yesterday who pulled a weekender to finish the car. Pics are too big to post at the moment, let me try shrinking them a bit.
Last edited by Dr-RS on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Very pleased with the results and happy with the Gun Metallic. The colour works well with wind alloys.

Mosaic5.jpeg

Mosaic9.jpeg

Mosaic8.jpeg

Mosaic6.jpeg

Mosaic4.jpeg

Last edited by Dr-RS on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:53 am, edited 5 times in total.