New Upgrades - Nissan Qashqai Tekna + with Pro-Pilot

The place to discuss everything else..
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

gloucester wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:39 pm
PJB729 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:52 pm Where can I download a user manual for the New 2019 Tekna entertainment centre, with one with google maps etc?
Here - this is the American one but I believe it's similar

2019-nissan-connectA-navigation-manual.pdf

Edit - I had that on my computer but I've subsequently found it at:

https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/common/2019/2019-nissan-connectA-navigation-manual.pdf
Thanks for that ;)
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I finally got chance to do a decent run in the new Tekna + I picked up at XMAS, until yesterday I had only driven 500 miles. Today I put 330 miles on the clock, it gave me a chance to try out Pro Pilot and I don't like it, it keeps the QQ very close to the left hand side of the lanes on the motorway and makes me very uncomfortable. I turned off the active steering and just used the active cruise control and was very impressed with that.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

PJB729, I am also still playing around with the ProPILOT and I must admit I like its features of Distancing 3 Levels, Auto Braking & Acceleration, Overtaking by Blinking - Acceleration, Auto Warning / Braking without your Hands on the Wheel etc....
But what I noticed again yesterday on a section of Autobahn with Roadworks Single Lane with Concrete Blocking on the Left Side (I am LHD) was that the tendency was for the QQ to pull left which did worry me a bit so I took over. When you are between normal lane markings it is perfectly OK and you can see and feel the Steering centralising / correcting, overall not a bad system possibly needs some more confidence, but Driving is better ! - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Dave

There is one other issue I noticed with the Cruise Control, like you I like the distancing, I noticed that if you are on a 3/4 lane motorway and the motorway has a bend in it to the right and you have a car\ lorry , in front of you to your left, when the car\ lorry starts to follow the bend the QQ's radar see this car\ lorry and applies the distancing.

I suppose this is understandable as the radar thinks that the car\ lorry, taking the bend, is in your lane or is an obstacle.

I didn't like the steering wheel moving and certainly didn't like the position the Pro Pilot took in the motorway lanes, if you're in the 2nd lane of a 3 lane motorway you don't want to be inches away from the wheels of a large lorry on the left hand side of you.

Driving is most certainly better :D
Dr-RS

Post by Dr-RS »

Morning both and hello again Dave. What colour did you buy in the end? Did you specify any extras? How many km have you done? We have done 4000 since 01/09. Not many during lockdown, just 2 miles to golf club and back 3x per week!

As for Propilot, I agree it does feel like it gives too much steering input and gets too friendly with nearside traffic. I have driven several JLR cars with a similar system and it is much more refined and accurate. I do use Propilot though, reassuring on long motorway journeys but you need to keep your wits about you.

Take Care, Keith.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Keith, good to hear from you. Can you drop me your email address by pm and I will let you know what we have done on our QQ, but at the very least the color is the same - Dave 🙏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

My Tekna + has developed a rattling dashboard, if I put my hand on the top of the dashboard, between the steering wheel and the driver door, the rattle stops.

The QQ is booked in to have the rattle sorted