The Price you Pay at the Pumps to own an SUV

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

SUVs or sports utility vehicles are the fastest growing of all car types in Britain right now. Drivers love them for their high safety standards, raised driving position, clear views, kiddy carrying, chunkiness, boxiness and ease of entry. That's why hosts of car buyers are buying them instead of traditional hatchbacks and saloons. But there is an extra price to pay for anyone who decides to purchase one of these vehicles - via the fuel pumps.
Comparable running costs data shows that driving an SUV can be much more expensive in fuel costs alone compared to a standard saloon, estate or hatchback of equivalent size. There are SUV’s - overgrown Saloon Cars, School or the OAP Run Around or a Beastie SUV 4x4 Big Motor, because I find our normal QQ SUV fuel wise OK - I just fill her up - yes the QQ Dave 😉

https://mol.im/a/6989781
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I think you right Dave, but many of the older SUVs were also referred to as the Chelsea Tractors and still are, mainly driven by people taking their children to school :( It's amazing how quiet the road are in school holidays :) One of my Chelsea Tractors was a Mercedes G Wagen 2.8 litre straight six petrol, 15mpg on a run, town driving or towing my caravan, 15mpg sad really, but it was a company car so did not pay directly for the fuel :)
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.