Car Parking

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I was reading this article #1 on the „Car Parking Tow Away Merchants“ yesterday and was just wondering if the „Lidl“ Shoppers are aware of what is planned in their Car Parks. When our QQ is on the daily „Lidl Run“ 😋 I noticed that the same „Limo“ type cars were parked 5 days in the week in the Car Park. On approaching Management I was told things were changing here. It appears that Lidl are working with a Company to control the Car Parks, 60 mins is the Parking time, cost over that can cost €10-30, or towed. A Parking Disc must be displayed (I have a Plastic and electronic version taking no chances), there is talk of underground sensors also be installed and people Parking for work or shopping at other stores will also get hit.
So to sum up, just be careful when shopping at Lidl (there is talk of Aldi also), as the Bargains might well cost More in the Future - Dave 😤

1. Private parking firms forced to give drivers a 10-minute grace period : https://mol.im/a/7646937

2. Lidl crack down on car park misuse - here's how to avoid a £90 penalty : https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/lidl-crack-down-car-park-13379096
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

In UK with Morrisons and Tesco it lasted about a year or so nearby. Cameras/Barriers and jobsworths strutting about. And of course some of the car parks are not their own...so that needs to be watched.

B&Q tried it locally and got tangled with their cameras picking up legit customers and fining them...a lot. That stopped and nearby B&Q (Trade) is rammed with local workers cars/vans. Maybe they have a deal with B&Q?

I think the limit is 2 or 3 hours free at the moment...what happens after that I don't know.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just a Tip as things are heating up here regarding Parking I tried to remove our existing Electronic Park Clock but it was stuck stuck, so I decided to buy a new one. The reason I use one is because normally you have to show the Blue Parking Disc on the Dash, but if you forget you can be in the Deep End and it does cost you. With this Electronic type (Government Approved) you only have to worry about the Battery Life as it sets the parking time automatically when you turn the engine off - Dave 🙂
Normal Std Type :

761EB110-4594-4691-80D6-29163D492ED5.jpeg

Existing :

883CF548-3C9D-47F1-9B1E-F1588FC220AA.jpeg

New :

F7322EAE-9A02-4AEA-B0AF-8CA44C52C91B.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Motorway Service Stations here have Automated Numberplate Recognition (ANPR) systems so they can readily fine people. I wouldn't be surprised if some supermarkets hadn't started using it.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I can't really talk about other parts of the UK, but here in Scotland, in shopping centre car parks with time limits, it's a case of getting fined £75 usually if you overstay the allotted time limit. However, enforcing that is pretty difficult. You aren't allowed to clamp cars here, and no towing in car parks. The private companies that issue the fines will use ANPR to identify the owner and issue a fine. However, if you have the balls to sit it out, that's where can end.

A lot of people will of course fold, and pay the fine to avoid the stress/hassle of the various threats. However, to prosecute someone in the court would cost too much, so they don't actually bother, In time, the fines 'go away'. Not saying that's right or wrong, but tends to be what happens!
2016 - N-Connecta 1.5 DCI. Black. Diamond cut alloys. Panoramic roof.
Noddy1875

Post by Noddy1875 »

If it's a private carpark then just don't pay it. They have no legal recourse to charge the amount they try in fines. £75 for 1 parking space ?!? Really, nice try arseholes !
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Picked the QQ up on Friday and popped into Aldi / REWE on the way home. The QQ was empty except for a Blue Parking Disc luckily ! on entering a woman was asking people have you shown the Blue Disc. Yesterday at another Aldi the same actions, so things are beginning to hot up here and its Xmas time 💶. On Saturday the priority was installing on the QQ an Electronic Parking Clock or it could start getting expensive here - Dave 🙂
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Its less risky by using supermarket on-line delivery. I have Morrisons at £30 pa for deliveries any day Mon thru Thurs. I find the car parks are awkward in that the slots are too tight (door swing) and the supermarket is over stuffed and too crowded.

Tesco/B&Q/Morrisons have tried ANPR and coin slot baskets in my part of W. Mids. All lasted about a year and stopped. If I have to go in person to any of these tat sellers its a tactical issue as regards time of day. Aldi here is a council owned car park anyway along with Dunelm...jobsworths wandering.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I was at Lidl this morning and guess what, I got asked have you shown your Blue Parking Disc, so I showed him my Blue & Electronic Park Disc. His comment was the Electronic is enough forget the Blue Disc. Now he then checked all cars and there was Yellow Tickets everywhere and Panic. If you are within the 90 mins you can take the ticket to the Lidl Cashier with your Shopping Bill and the Ticket will be cancelled. The Parking Guy did mention that the Electronic Sensors will be Installed under the ground in all Parking places soon - Dave 🤨

Parking with Parking Disc Max 90 mins / Parking over the 90 min Limit without a Disc is a min Fine of €30 :

841784E0-4DF7-4ACC-B303-8A465A2B418D.jpeg

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Let’s hope that Lidl & Co. have not seen this device - Dave 😂

Barnacle - An Immobilization Solution that Sticks : https://barnacleparking.com/

This plastic sheet obstructs the driver’s view by attaching to the windshield with commercial grade suction cups and can only be removed by a code put into the integrated key pad.

646B1808-2A4E-4F29-B436-9799F9C39765.jpeg

Forget the wheel clamp, security firm reveals 'Barnacle' that blocks entire windscreen : https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3812478/Forget-wheel-clamp-security-firm-reveals-Barnacle-blocks-entire-windscreen.html