Cheap Chinese EV SUV To Conquer Green Europe

The place to discuss everything else..
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I could conceive of a scenario where an electric vehicle would be OK for me and my particular circumstances, although that "MG" probably only has a practical range of 100 miles with air con running, etc.

I have a drive, home charging would be OK - but might not have to charge at home because:-
1. I live a mile from a tram stop, which has 10 electric vehicle charging points - most of which appear to be unused when I walk up there to get a tram into Manchester.
2. I work part time at a university which has a plethora of charging points around the campus
3. Almost all the National Trust and RSPB sites I like to visit are within the range of all the electric vehicles on sale currently, some of them even have charging points (I believe). Likewise the coast of the Wirral is OK but a visit to North Wales might require a charge.
4. I would probably be prepared to hire a more appropriate vehicle to visit somewhere like Cornwall or northern Scotland.

Currently, fossil fuel or petrol/hybrid are still in front for practicality.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I'm not against them. Its just another vehicle to view at buy time. However, its been politically weaponised along with everything from the sun/wind to the electrons spilling out at the end. And there's a race to complete realisation before adequate provisions are made.

I did enjoy seeing/use the Manchester tram way system quite some years ago. It also figured in an MSc I was doing at York regarding safety provisions of such systems and for elsewhere. The risk business.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Heres another shot of the China Belt and Road project. Into UK is missing but likely not an issue

China-Belt-and-Road-Initiative-map.jpg

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta