Nissan Recall USA (Note mention of AEB Problem !)

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Nissan is recalling nearly 400,000 vehicles in the U.S. because of a braking system defect that could cause them to catch fire. Owners are advised to park affected vehicles outside and away from structures if the anti-lock brake system warning light comes on for more than 10 seconds.

> Please take a note of this as the Rogue Sport is basically a Japanese Built QQ and there has been mentions of AEB problems on the Forum : The development comes less than two months after NHTSA opened a preliminary investigation into 553,000 Nissan Rogue sport utility vehicles after reports of their automatic emergency braking systems engaging without warning or an obstruction.

Nissan recalls nearly 400,000 cars in US over potential fire hazard : https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/17/nissan-recalls-nearly-40000-cars-in-us-over-potential-fire-hazard
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

They seem to walk right into this stuff Dave.

AEB...looney stuff IMO

The fluids fire just highlights poor safety analysis during design. Words fail..!
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

I thought this was a bit of a weird comment on a supposedly AEB Safety Issue - No Official Recall ! - Dave ☹️

“Nissan is aware of the situation and has already taken steps to improve the accuracy of its AEB system. Dealers will reprogram the software at the customer’s request, but no official recall is planned”.

Troubles with Nissan’s Automatic Emergency Braking System : https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/articles/52750/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is a comment from Nissan Canada & the NHTSA in the US regarding the AEB and please note the comment of picking up Metal structures - Dave 😏

Nissan Canada is recalling more than 90,000 Rogue crossovers because their automatic emergency braking (AEB) system could unintentionally engage. The 90,792 affected vehicles are from the 2017 and 2018 model years. Transport Canada warns on its website that a metal structure, such as a railroad crossing or overhead sign, could cause the vehicle to brake. If that happens, the system would provide a collision warning. If the driver takes no action, the vehicle could slow suddenly or come to a complete stop…

NHTSA received a letter from the Center for Auto Safety (CAS) on March 21, 2019 alleging that the Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) system on Model Year (MY) 2017-2018 Nissan Rogue and Rogue Sport vehicles was engaging in cases where there was no obstruction in the path of the vehicle.

Just as a note the Rogue Sport (Japan) is the based on the European Designed QQ, but again our models hopefully might not be affected, but the problem sounds similiar.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Well thats a radar picking up a stationary metal target.....as they do. Do they mean the metal barrier is down or up?

Mine picks up car park metal cylinder posts (dims = 1H * 0.15W mtrs). Thats at about 1 mtr distance as I approach and some times alarms depending on my angle of approach. Head on and off centre fails and no camera view is shown.

So sometimes I get within 1 mtr of it and bing bong/camera on...other times no warning. I don't have AEB in this N-Connecta.

Just says the field of view performance is a bit iffy. And I suppose there's a discrimination problem accompanied by approach speed and me already braking? Complicated..... :roll:
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta