New Driving Laws for 2020

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

As 2020 is creeping up this article might be worth a read just to be aware of what is planned - Dave 😏
Several driving laws were passed in between all the Brexit business in 2019, which come in to effect on Wednesday (January 1).
And while some of those relate to Brexit itself, there are also changes in accordance with the growing concerns over climate change and how to manage its effects. There are also a number of safety laws which are being discussed which could impact motorists this year.

New driving laws for 2020 every motorist needs to know about : https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/new-driving-laws-2020-every-17480540
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

One things for sure ...the dead heads in and around our Parliament won't get any kind of handle on so called Climate Change.

London...my son lives there and cycles about 35 miles a day in and out. Using vehicle/public transport there is truly looney tunes and very dangerous. I worry a lot about that. Anything they try on there is completely inadequate. Public Transport is rammed, expensive and often unreliable.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just out of interest and as a comparison, this is what I read today on the Main German Changes - Dave 🤨
Sorry it is a bit long ! These are the Main changes : Flensburg is the State Traffic Offenders File - where Points & Fines are recorded.

1. When Parking in a second row on the Footpath / Cycle Way or over the Marked Cycle Way Line, Fines are higher. At present €15-20 will now be increased to €100 and 1 point in Flensberg. If the vehicle restricts access or is dangerously parked you can become another point.
2. When an accident occurs on an Autobahn vehicles have to move left or right to allow an access lane between for Emergency Vehicles. If the Emergency Vehicles are blocked (which is often) a new Fine of up to €200 / one month Ban / 2 points in Flensburg has been introduced. Previously the fine was just €200.
3. Bonuses / Handbacks for purchasing E-Vehicles have been extended to 2025.
Vehicles costing up to €40,000 will changed from €4000 to €6000
Vehicle costing up to €65000 will be receive €5000
For a Plug-In-Hybrid Vehicle with a cost of up to €40000 will receive €4500 / €40000 to 65000 will become €3750
4. Safety for Cyclists
When overtaking Cyclists vehicles must pass with at least a 1,5M Space in the City or 2M outside of the City. At some Traffic Lights Bikes will now be allowed to turn Right when a Shield with a Green Arrow is shown, despite the Main Traffic Signal being Red.
5. In the City when Trucks want to turn right they now have to do so at walking speed or a €70 Fine and one point will be implemented (Safety regarding cyclists).
6. Truck-Turn Assistance : Trucks with a length of 18,75 to 25,25 M must have from 1.July 20 an Electronic (Camera) Turn System with Blinking Side Marking (Safety of Cyclists - Crushing). For normal Trucks this new Law comes into effect in 2022 to 2024.
7. From 21 Dec 2020 all new vehicles must be delivered with standard radios that can tune into DAB+. In Germany there are as many as 260 Local & Regional DAB Stations available. At present over 7 Mio vehicles in Germany have DAB.
8. New Vehicle Type Classes now exist which affect Insurances - for 4,6 Mio there is less cost and for 6,5 Mio more cost.
9. Some Cities will be implementing Diesel Bans for Euro-4-Diesel & Euro-5-Diesel on specific streets.

Some of the Fines are pretty stiff and there is still the talk of getting stricter with the “Gaffers” the Mobil picture Accident Boys.
The Police& Emergency Services are getting to the end of the tempers as it is so bad that it affects Emergency work / survival.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Overtaking Cyclists. My son was overtaken one afternoon out in the country here. Two lane road and no other traffic. The overtake was too close and fast. My son has a helmet cam and caught the action and sent footage to W. Mids police. Reply from police that the driver had been traced/interviewed and was to be prosecuted. The driver was also wanted for some earlier sex attack. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I must admit now I have a dash cam in the car and 3 CCTV cameras at home I'm thinking I should be getting a helmet cam for the motorbike. I should have done it after an accident in late 2017 when I bounced off the side of a Honda that suddenly turned right. I managed to stay on the bike and hence damage was limited to a scratched fairing - the car came off a lot worse! Luckily the following driver stopped and corroborated my story - that she'd indicated but far too late as I was almost alongside her accelerating - so the claim wasn't contested. But a camera would have helped. Yet another Xmas present to myself perhaps, after a tablet, a vacuum cleaner and bike jeans...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)