Auto Industry & Coronavirus (Nissan .....)

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is an announcement on the Nissan Shutdown Plans. Virtually all Auto Manufacturing Plants are now affected - Dave 😮

In Nissan Sunderland Plant, vehicle production stopped earlier today (March 17th) and has now been suspended until the end of this week. We will continue to monitor the situation.
Update on operations at Nissan Sunderland Plant : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... land-plant

Just some other examples from out here :
Volkswagen is preparing to suspend production across Europe as the continent struggles to contain the coronavirus pandemic.
The German carmaking giant said Tuesday that production at its plants in Spain, Setubal in Portugal and Bratislava in Slovakia will be halted before the end of the week. Factories in Italy that make Lamborghini super cars and Ducati motorcycles will also be idled. The global coronavirus recession is beginning Most of the group's other German and European plants are preparing to suspend production, probably for two weeks,

Mercedes - Employees shut down a large Mercedes factory in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain on Monday to protest being required to work despite the coronavirus outbreak which forced the Spanish government to impose a nationwide lockdown over the weekend. After talks with management over factory conditions and precautions against the spread of COVID-19 broke down, employees stopped working and staged a sit-in at the end of the assembly line, refusing to allow the production process to continue.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Doom merchant here!

I don't know what things are like in Germany but Gloucestershire's approaching complete shutdown! I was at work yesterday but the traffic was like a Sunday so few others must have been. The only places with crowds of people appear to be the supermarkets!

The recession means that people simply aren't going to be buying cars in any case - so why keep the factories going? Everyone's going to be worse off when the government hikes income tax to 25% or more to pay for all the panic measures it's introducing. And those with some money put aside - particularly those with pensions - are going to have to pause expenditure pending a recovery over, say, at least five years. I'm down over £40,000 in the last four weeks on my stock market linked investments (mostly pension) and the drop is still continuing. It'll be working through into house prices next.

Cars will be kept running rather than being replaced.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, as usual my posts are to inform and Yes naturally the Auto Industry is going to get hit badly inc. Shut Down due to Virus and the lack of Parts.
Now here we are most likely ahead of the UK with this Virus. But from today we have :
Shops being closed if non essential, no Sport, Pubs / Bars / Clubs / closed, Fitness Centres, Malls, Cinemas & Museums closed, restaurants open until 18:00 hrs, Banks are Open but mostly just the Cash Mcs, Food Shops Open inc Sunday’s (normally closed), Chemists Open, Schools & Nurseries closed, Kids Play Grounds closed, Brothels closed and the request is to stay indoors, no panic buying as there is supposedly enough supplies, I have started collecting the Daily Papers 🥴 no Toilet Paper around. Airports, Flights affected, Cruises & Holidays cancelled, Germand being flown back home from Holidays.
It would appear that the Investments for our Pensions etc have also been hit we are all in the same Boat.

The total affected at the moment has now just been mentioned as 10000 affected and 26 dead but this does vary. When compared to Italy & Spain Germany are lucky at present - All Keep Healthy & Be Careful Dave ☹️
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Davor
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Davor »

I work in Volvo. Volvo trucks in Gothenburg, all factories in France and Belgium are closed for minimum 15 days. Volvo cars in Gothenburg still running. For how long, idk. Not sure what swedish government does, but with more than 1000 infected it doesn´t look good.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to keep the information coming (OK but from the BeeB) - Dave 🤨

BBC News: Coronavirus: BMW, Honda and Toyota suspend UK car production : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51944301

BBC News: Coronavirus: Elon Musk's US Tesla factory suspends production : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51943962
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Ah yes... the BBC. I have to go elsewhere for the sake of my confirmation bias. There is something major to be learnt and apart from cars...pharmaceuticals and reliance on China. I was very much surprised...but really shouldn't be. Time to claim stuff back I think.....I hope?

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Colin, unfortunately I use the BeeB out here for News Highlights if I need more I go on the Web. One thing I would not do though is look at “Fox News” or “Trump News” that to me is a real NO NO, but there again everyone has there likes and dislikes.

Regarding the Pharmaceutical Problems Germany has the same problem where Powdered / Pill Product comes from China & the Tablet / Pill Presses were Shutdown here, just the same situation as Car Parts 😡 - Dave 😉

Take a look at what Trump tried to do 👎 (Whoops it’s from The Guardian) :
Coronavirus: anger in Germany at report Trump seeking exclusive vaccine deal | World news | The Guardian : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ccine-deal
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Those US news sites are too noisy for me. Most of them work to bring the US Govt down along with the aid of a poisoned Judicial system. Its similar here and easily seen within the last 3 years of Brexit. At the head of the charge is the BBC mostly. Whats worse is we are forced to pay for it. If there were anything good about the BBC its the camera's they have for wild life imagery.

The Guardian... :roll: And the rest of them in UK.

Their job is (was) to report the News not make it.

When I worked overseas for near 20 years I was very reliant on the BBC World Service and Daily Telegraph...they are both garbage now.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Now Nissan US is reacting - Dave 👍

MEDIA ADVISORY: Nissan suspends U.S. production to protect workforce as COVID-19 coronavirus expands : https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releas ... us-expands
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Plans are changing, on Tuesday March 17th, vehicle production in Nissan Sunderland Plant was suspended due to the COVID-19 emergency. This suspension will now continue until further notice - Dave ☹️

Update on Nissan operations in Europe : https://uk.nissannews.com/en-GB/release ... -in-europe