RAC Breakdown with Service

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

So had my QQ booked into Westway for Annual Service + MOT in a couple of weeks. Had a txt ( you would have thought an email would be better ) to say this is cancelled, understandable with the plague about.

I know the MOT doesn't matter for 6 months or so and a sevice is not critical as only done about 6K miles in the last year but just wondering what happens about the RAC breakdown cover that was included with the last Nissan service. Presumably the current cover will expire when the 12 months is up in a couple of weeks. Should I take out a seperate breakdown cover....not that I expect to be driving far but there's always the worry of the dreaded battery failure.

Edit....I realise a friendly enquiry to the dealer is obvious but when nobody's answering phones or emails......at least not last week.....

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Yes...such things bothered me too. Try this...form:

https://www.nissan.co.uk/customer-servi ... ct-us.html

CUSTOMER SERVICES COVID-19 CONTACT UPDATE
Dear customers,

In the light of the current COVID19 situation, your NISSAN Customer Services team are not able to accept telephone calls until further notice and live chat is temporarily suspended.

However, the team can still be contacted via the online Contact Us forms above.

Please be aware that whilst every effort will be made to respond quickly, response times are likely to be extended during this period.

In addition the Nissan Dealer Network remain available to provide support. To find information on your local dealer, including opening hours, please visit our dealer locator.

We will keep you updated as the situation evolves.

Your NISSAN Customer Services team
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Thanks for the link. Have fired off a general enquiry and will keep everyone posted if a reply comes through
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

jeffers wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:05 am Thanks for the link. Have fired off a general enquiry and will keep everyone posted if a reply comes through
Fortunately I had the battery changed by the RAC a couple of weeks back...so thats JIT. Approx 28 month old FIAMM. The RAC carry the replacement Varta battery with them continuously. If the car is in warranty they may change it and in consideration of the current plague panicking/loss of control.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

My 1st annual service was cancelled too. How long can i leave it before at least getting an oil and filter change elsewhere? Service interval is 20k, I've done 14k.

No reply from the dealer who promised responses in 24 hrs.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Pandjh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:57 pm My 1st annual service was cancelled too. How long can i leave it before at least getting an oil and filter change elsewhere? Service interval is 20k, I've done 14k.

The J11 petrol variants should be 12.5k miles or 12 months intervals...whichever comes first. Diesels perhaps a bit longer...dunno?

See your warranty book. No schedules shown as far as I can see in mine. My DIG-T 2nd 12k miles Service receipt document shows 3rd service at 24k miles or Dec 2020.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Pandjh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:57 pm My 1st annual service was cancelled too. How long can i leave it before at least getting an oil and filter change elsewhere? Service interval is 20k, I've done 14k.

When you finally get in touch with them, I'd be asking where you stand regarding the warranty, I would imagine they will be itching to weasel out of any future claims if the service schedule hasn't adhered to.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Thanks Calnorth and Weasel, the 1.3 petrol J11 is now a 20k service interval. I have been told the warranty allows for 1 monh/1000 miles grace.

I'm not sure what would happen after that, don't think they would have considered a global pandemic when determining the rules!

Phil
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Our Dealer here is still open during the Corona Virus Problems. They have issued new working hours on a two shift basis with reduced hours and a one hour break at lunch time to prevent any contact and they are closed on Saturday. The Sales Area is closed and personnel are in smaller confined areas.
Steering Wheels, Gear Shifts, Seats will be covered and Gloves & Masks used, all wiped down with Disinfectant when completed and Customers are asked to keep the min 1,5M distance in the Waiting Room or wait in the Fresh Air or Vehicle. It will be interesting as now you need a reason to be outside and workers for instance need an issued paper from the employer, OAP’s I am not so sure about or how the Polizei will see this if stopped - Dave 😉

BEBEF199-CED5-4AF5-ABCB-3B3123AF3D88.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Shannock

Post by Shannock »

I rang my garage on Monday to try and book a service. They were unsure what was happening and would call me back when they knew anything. I'm still waiting for the call back, but do appreciate they must have far more urgent things to deal with in this present climate.

So I ping'd an e-mail off to Nissan Customer Services on Thursday, and got this reply Friday:

Dear Aidie,

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services.

As I am sure you can appreciate, this is an unprecedented situation which is affecting many of our customers.

During this COVID-19 period if you cannot have the service completed in line with Nissan guidelines please don't worry as we will honour your remaining warranty on the vehicle.

Please liaise with your local dealer to carry out the required routine service at the earliest opportunity. It is also expected that due to the current situation the vehicle usage will be reduced.

Nissan will apply their service guidelines flexibly to support our customers in this difficult time, however please ensure Engine Oil and Engine Coolant levels are maintained within the normal range. See your Owner's Manual or NISSAN Driver's Guide App for assistance.

Please see the following link for more on Nissan’s stance on the matter:

https://www.nissan.co.uk/covid-19.html

If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to ask by replying directly to this email.

Yours sincerely,

Qamar

Customer Services
Nissan Motor (GB) Limited
2019 1.3 Dig-T 140 Tekna+ in GunMetal
2016 1.5 dCi Tekna in Ice Blue ***Traded in***