tesa / 3M Double Sided Adhesive Tapes

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I have been a user of Double Sided Tape for years either from “tesa or 3M” for home or Car applications, simple, clean and exact providing the part is in the correct position before attaching. When our new QQ was being prepared I was really surprised that most of the Extras were installed onto the Car by Tape. I am not biased at all towards one manufacture or the other, I was just after the facts out of interest and thought some members might also be interested - Dave :)

The 2x Chrome Strips & Black Sill Protector :

IMG_2368.JPG

St. Stl. Door Handle :

IMG_2370.JPG

Front Lower Spoiler :

IMG_8852.JPG

The Motor Industry seems to be a Very Big User of Tapes not just only Aliexpress, but the Range and Uses are Huge.
An Overview of Uses for Adhesive Tape : tesa offers extremely thin double-sided tapes that are just 5 µm – 0.127” (1 µm = 1/1000 mm) thick; it consists of a 2-µm (0.05”) thick backing and, on each side, a 1.5-µm (0.038”) coating of an acrylate adhesive mass developed by tesa.

https://www.tesa.com/en-us/wikitapia/ad ... -uses.html

This type of Tape appears to be the main one for the Car Industry - Powerful bond / Primerless process.This tesa® ACXplus Primerless Line, is the highest performing line of permanent exterior mounting tapes.
There are a variety of automotive adhesive tapes used in the Auto Industry, tesa tapes are used for many applications - Wire harnessing, surface protection, attachment part mounting for example.
Automotive Applications : Attachment Part Mounting / Automotive Electronics / Cable Mounting / E-Mobility / Hole Covering / Interior Mounting / Masking / Mirror Assembling / Permanent Paint Protection / Security Labeling / Surface Protection / Wire Harnessing.
Automotive Systems - from cockpit to door systems : Cockpit / Door / Front & Rear End /Fuel System / Glass / Overhead / Powertrain / Roof / Seat

https://www.tesa.com/en/industry/automotive

tesa Automotive - Application Videos :
An overview of all areas in which a adhesive tape can benefit the production of a vehicle. Whether you are looking to mount parts internally or externally, mask the vehicle for a 2 tone paint system or are looking to decrease the weight of a vehicle tesa has a range of automotive adhesive tapes to produce perfect results.

This was just another example I bought this Tape from Scotchgard to protect the Paint on the Door Edges, but the Dealer had already applied this.

IMG_7055.jpg

I hope this was of interest - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Defeating ANPR:
Dave...of course number plates are being nicked/swapped. Not securely fitted...ever. You get a surprise when the police knock on the door and ask you if the car in your drive belongs to you. You say...yes. The cop points at the number plate...you sure?

There's a lot of it on TV (not BBC)...Traffic Cops and which concentrates around the Yorkshire region. Alarming stuff.

Lots of it going on....cloning vans is quite something to. Hi-jack HGVs along the Motorways. eBay here it comes?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Do you know what, Dave...you have the most helpful and considerate Main Dealer I have ever heard of, wish mine was as good as yours.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Weasel, you could well be right. I originally met our Sales Guy in a Mall in 2011 advertising Nissan’s and although he only spoke German he had an “English” sense of Humour. We both clicked with him and actually ordered the wife’s Juke with him in 2011, then the QQ J11A in 2014 and now the QQ J11B. I actually also feed him and the Service Mgr. a lot of Nissan Information and yes the contact is very good and I will try to maintain that. Once you find a good Dealer stay there but it takes two !
For me it is important that you have contact from the bottom up to the top and when required that the Service & Support is there and at present it is still working - Dave 😁 👏

This is the Building Front Showroom :

11A22666-4A66-4225-A719-3E19CD1223E8.jpeg

This is the New Workshop & Suzuki Showrooms @ Rear / Nissan @ Front :

F373635A-4491-499B-B294-7A3C9CE69D60.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken