Tekna 1.2 DiG-T Xtronic order

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
markvauxhall
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by markvauxhall »

Hello all,

OH and I placed an order for a Tekna 1.2 DiG-T Xtronic in July, with expected delivery date of December this year.

Since then, we've realised that the engine has had awful WLTP scores, and Nissan have since announced the new 1.3 DiG-T engine, to address this. At the moment only a manual transmission is available, and there is currently no petrol automatic available for new orders (though this is expected to change at the end of the month).

So... we're wondering what is happening with our order.

Can we expect the new 1.3 DiG-T automatic engine to be fitted (and is that why the order was originally given a December delivery date)? Or will we still get the old engine?

[I've already tried speaking with the dealer, but they don't have a clue - was hoping someone here might know a bit more!]

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mark, from what I know normally when you place an order with a Dealer your QQ will have a Nissan No. which is normally traceable regarding build and delivery through Sunderland. I kept on our Dealers back here and it worked.
Now your problem could be that there are now the 140 & 160 PS versions of the new engine and manual + auto Gearboxes this coming about a month later than the Manuals. You are the Customer and paying Good Hard Earned Money to your Dealer so get him to answer your problems. If the 1,2L is no longer available, then there must be a replacement 1,3L QQ for you in production, but as you mentioned which one ? - Best of Luck Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Your at the wrong dealership. Cancel the order and find a dealer that has a clue. If the dealer you have your current order with cant take care of you, just imagine what it will be like if you need warranty work or servicing.
markvauxhall wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 pm Hello all,

OH and I placed an order for a Tekna 1.2 DiG-T Xtronic in July, with expected delivery date of December this year.

Since then, we've realised that the engine has had awful WLTP scores, and Nissan have since announced the new 1.3 DiG-T engine, to address this. At the moment only a manual transmission is available, and there is currently no petrol automatic available for new orders (though this is expected to change at the end of the month).

So... we're wondering what is happening with our order.

Can we expect the new 1.3 DiG-T automatic engine to be fitted (and is that why the order was originally given a December delivery date)? Or will we still get the old engine?

[I've already tried speaking with the dealer, but they don't have a clue - was hoping someone here might know a bit more!]
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Can you not get in touch with nissan direct and ask what iam getting after all you are the customer ?????
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
markvauxhall

Post by markvauxhall »

Thanks all,

A quick update - spoke to a different person at the dealer and they confirmed (a) that I'd be getting the new engine and (b) that it would be delivered as per the original schedule.

Good news!
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

The auto is only available with the 160 engine.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
markvauxhall

Post by markvauxhall »

Yep, so quite a good outcome really. Not paying any more for the car either.