After 6 months wait 1 day to go!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

Whoop whoop! Finally confirmed with the dealer I can come and pick up my new Qashqai up tomorrow afternoon. That is virtually 6 months to the day, order went in on 15th of May (well 7 if I include the month delay my employer added to the process, due to a mess up!). So as you can imagine I feel like a kid at Christmas

I'll post some pics and first thoughts at the weekend. I've got a 260 mile round trip from London to Walsall to break her in on Thursday. MikeGS2014-10-14 19:16:21
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days

ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

Ha Ha - Beat you! - I get mine tomorrow morning :)
ukwebb2014-10-14 19:27:54
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

How can you two lucky people be getting your 1.6 DCI CVT QQ before me, how does that work? Nissans ordering system is cocked up or....................the dealers have done something dodgy to my order. Enjoy folks.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
MikeGS

Post by MikeGS »

[quote="DEL73"]
How can you two lucky people be getting your 1.6 DCI CVT QQ before me, how does that work? A Nissans ordering system is cocked up or....................the dealers have done something dodgy to my order.A Enjoy folks.[/QUOTE]

Del, are you sure your order was actually placed on the Nissan system when your dealer says it was? Do you have the date it went on their system? I'm wondering if some of these orders didn't get to Nissan on the day it was taken by the dealers, hence them being out of sequence. I don't see any reason why Nissan wouldn't process orders in the order received, unless there is some sort of favouritism going on.

Let's hope you get yours soon.
2014 Tekna 1.6 CVT Storm White (well if I ever get it!!)...Ordered late April....Due Oct 10th....Delayed until Jan 2015!....Brought forward back to Oct 15th Oct!.....Collected 15th Oct... Happy days
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

One of these days, I'll get a drive in the 1.6 manual - it'd just be interesting to see how much difference there is between it and the 1.5 (which I'm very used to now, and perfectly happy with). Any offers?
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Mike, I am not sure exactly when Nissan received my order to be honest hence the dodgy mention in my post. I have the paperwork the dealers gave me the day the order was accepted by Motability which took two days and that was March 7th (I placed order March 5th). I was informed by an employee at the dealers (who has since left) that they were told to put all Motability orders onto a different ordering system to retail buyers and this potentially caused the initial delay. Then there has since been delays due to issues with supply of parts for the CVT version that I have ordered. I told Motability that the Nissan dealers admitted treating Motability orders different causing the first delay and they have not done anything. I had a new order number given to me for some reason in July and when I asked Nissan to look at the status of my original order number they said it did not exist on their system which means Nissan won't be able to check what date they actually received the order! The lack of info is what drives me mad, more than the actual wait.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
ukwebb

Post by ukwebb »

DEL - I'm afraid that that sounds like SuperGrover may be right. the facts that your original order number doesnt exist, but your new one does sound like your order was actually placed in July. the question would be who is at fault.It could be the dealer, Motability or Nissan. and as Nissan have no record of it until July, I'd be tempted to interrogate Motability and the Dealer. If they did place the order in March, then it would be on their books. and get them to do the running around, afterall its down to them to prove that they DID place the order in March
English by Nature, Yorkshire by the Grace of God
Qashqai 2014 1.6dci CVT Tekna Magnetic Red - ordered April Born Oct 15th 2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

The early problem with Motability cars are neither Nissan dealer or Motability its Nissan themselfWhen ordering in March all orders had to go via Nissan themselfsTraditionaly Motability users supported Nissan through decades of orders probably the biggest buyers of the Almera and the earlier QQ and initialy on launch the scheme was targeted to boost initial sales so all orders did not go through conventional systems but direct through Nissan, Motability at that time was not aware of it and the starting price deposit was under £300Then Nissan was accused of giving Motability orders away to cash buyers thinking once a Motability car is ordered your tied in to a contract they can wait a little longer Motability discovered this and the entry level deposit shot up around £800 to discourage customers from orderingNow if your a Motabilty customer i think theres 3 versions you can actualy order there are no automatics at moment due to problems and your going to pay around £1200 deposit again to discourage people On this forum poor Bev arrived early to collect her car only to see it drive off from forecourt with a cash buyer at the wheel Motabilty cant (although they should) write off a major brand like Nissan for abusing there customers especialy when Nissan deny they discriminate this way and now place Motability orders through the conventional system nowThe amount of Nissan lovers who endured the Almera etc who will now no longer buy Nissan and amount of people who have there QQ but sick to the teeth of Nissan treating customers so poorly will have an impact in a few years Who here owning a Nissan are hoping there cars stay fine and wont develop a fault as you just know possible warranty issues churn your stomach over All this mis selling cars and denying problems, the delays and general ill feeling watching some wait months with no discount and others getting 10% discount and cars delivered in days have damaged Nissans reliability and trust factorFor comparison the deposit on a Tekna now is on par with the Mitsubushi Phev (and if you talk technology no contest) and the Audi Q3 S line
fishdaddy

Post by fishdaddy »

Just cancelled my order for my new petrol QQ in ink blue as dealer had no idea when delivery would be made. Had been promised mid April, as the latest date, when I ordered in February. Dealer claimed they had no idea,until last week, that the engines were being updated to new Euro standards,so QQ are on back order
. If dealer had rung me then and explained I might not have cancelled, but I had to chase them.
No communication from manufacturers with dealer and no communication from dealer to customer. Poor show Nissan all round. I have worked in the retail sector for the last 15 years and if I treated my customers like that I would be out of business!
Jeb27

Post by Jeb27 »

Hi fishdaddy.
Can totally understand your frustration. We ordered on 8/2 and were told 14/4. No communication til I chased- have now spoken to nissan to be told june(no specific date!!) am considering cancelling myself