New QQ not so new!

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Ask the build date and what the spec was at that time. Specs have changed but the auto-fold, passenger lumbar support, and LDW button were all added while the panoramic was still standard. My Tekna has all of these and I got it at the end of August.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

[quote="Donkey"]Beardy im assuming you seen the car and had a cash deal for a second hand car (ex demos are second hand)Wouldnt
pay the new price unless you dont want the wait but deal with the guy
as if its a second hand car and buy what you see pay the price your
willing to pay[/QUOTE] Donkey, we saw the car but it was sold to us
as a new car. It's a 'showroom' car, not a demonstrator. I don't think
it qualifies as a second hand vehicle - it hasn't been pre-registered.
It's just the pre-July 20th spec passed off as a current spec car.Steve, I've (sort of) asked the build date by asking about the folding mirrors, which it doesn't have so it's pre July 20 build. I haven't read anything about any other spec change since they first came out so for me it's either pre or post July. The fact that yours has all the bells and whistles shows tat this one has been sitting somewhere (showroom and perhaps somewhere else) for at least 4 months.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

What concerns me more than anything is the dealer trying to charge you £400 for a roof that should not be charged as this was only added on the very latest models. Seems to me he is trying to claw back any discounts on what he may have given you of the list price.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

The dealer is going to get back to me tomorrow and let me know what they're prepared to do about this. At the moment I'm thinking, long term it's going to be better to just refuse this one and see how quickly they can get me a proper new one. If they quote a long delivery time I'll know they're trying to offload a car that has been hanging around a long time! Originally they quoted a delivery time of 3 weeks (petrol, manual 1.2DiG, just the roof as an extra). I can wait that long - compared to anyone ordering a diesel anyway!
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

If I were you, I wouldn't buy it. As John said, they are selling you "old" car without features of a new build ones + charge you for extras of new ones??? What a heck?! Having this experience, I would loose the trust and search for a new dealer for sure!
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

I'm certainly minded to reject this car unless I get a very good (financial) incentive to take it.Just so I can more understand what I'd be giving up, can anyone explain what the 'new' lumbar support upgrade does that the old manual seat adjustment doesn't do? I'm assuming it just gives another angle of adjustment to the seat (up and down / lumbar region in and out?)The more you guys can inform me the better decision I'll make!Cheers
QDay 28.11.2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

Beardyman,with all respect, if you search a bit the forum, you would find what you are after. No one from us will benefit from your deal. OK, have a look to this link, where added features are described in detail: http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/good-new ... 14483.html
duncho2014-11-19 00:42:51

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Duncho, I'm sorry you don't feel you can help me because it doesn't personally benefit you. I did search the forum (and online) to see what the new items actually did. I found your post that said "Manual height adjustment and lumbar assist is now also added to the passenger seat" but I'm no wiser as to what it does.

If the attitude of the forum is to only help when personal gain is possible, I apologise for not understanding the workings of this forum, mistakenly believing it had something to do with "community", more experienced members helping out the newbies. Sorry, I won't trouble you again.

Steve and Jon (particularly), thanks for your help.
QDay 28.11.2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

Beardyman, it is exactly as what the article says, no more no less. The information comes directly from Nissan and couldn't be more clear. In previous Qashqai generation, passenger seat had no adjustable seat hight, neither lumbar support. Now it has this features and it does exactly what you think it should do.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Beardyman you read Dunchos post wrong mateWhen he said No one will benefit from your deal he obviously didnt mean none of us are getting anything out of it so wont help you lol, just that in hes opinion its not the best deal out thereIve not read ever on this forum anyone expecting something from others for helping.The manual hieght adjuster and lumbar support means now the passenger gets the same seat as the driver as early versions only the driver got height adjustment and lumbar support the front passenger seat was a fixed slide back and forward seatJust read a post a little more careful a written word can give two very diffrent meanings and Duncho is an old member on both QQ forums and very helpful over a long time lol im sure he wont take your remark personaly but if you ask for advice you may not always like what advice is given